What do you do with this bark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going to start burning it. I have a lot in the basement from the 2 cord I stacked down there this fall. I get a dust pan full everyday by the furnace when I fill it from the bark falling off the wood. I appreciate everyone's advise and ideas.

I save the bigger pieces and use it for kindling or to get the fire to take off again before I add some bigger stuff. The smaller stuff goes into the dust pan then into a bucket and I throw on the wife's flower garden for mulch when the bucket gets full.

If its outside I just throw it in a hole or low spot.
If its inside the shop it goes into the fire as kindling along with everything else that burns like wood scraps boxes and paper.
Chad

The pieces go right back into the fire. The small chips and small crushed material goes into a dedicated garbage can I keep by the shed. I mix it with ash and spread it all on my walk and driveway when things get icy. Cheaper and more effective than spread sand.

Ive heard that bark burns real slowly. So, I throw a bunch in right before bed to try to keep my burn going longer through the night. I dont know if it works though, cause Im asleep.

Latest posts

Back