What do you do with your excess wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrafire2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This what I did today :chainsaw: Top is hard maple and legs are walnut. :clap:

The large long log (~12 feet) at bottom is the bench seat, and the long straight piece at the top became the legs :)

Before ...

attachment.php

After...

attachment.php

I am going to make 4 of them:greenchainsaw:

I do not know if you can see from the picture (late last night, it was dark)but I notched a watermelon like "slice" out for each leg.

I need some more seating at our cabin fire pit. So I may just give this a try. Thanks for the idea.

In our case we used a maple log as a major beam in the master broom. We left bark on for effect. The slabs off the log were used for stair steps to the upper floor. Remainder firewood.

-----

attachment.php

I think that's the first Bidet I've seen inside the State of Indiana.....:)

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

Here I used a slab of blk walnut for the mantel over our wood stove. It was headed to the firewood pile when I saved it. Note, again I left some bark as well as sap wood and heart wood. Sorry for the lousy pic. Only one I could find. Our place in WV used to be a coal mine. All the pieces on the mantle are from that property. Note the carbide lamp. We found two by the pile of rocks we think marks the grave of the original Polish miner who owned the mine and blew himself up in it.

-----
attachment.php

And here's where the blk walnut was headed before being saved.

-----

attachment.php

Here I used a slab of blk walnut for the mantel over our wood stove. It was headed to the firewood pile when I saved it. Note, again I left some bark as well as sap wood and heart wood. Sorry for the lousy pic. Only one I could find. Our place in WV used to be a coal mine. All the pieces on the mantle are from that property. Note the carbide lamp. We found two by the pile of rocks we think marks the grave of the original Polish miner who owned the mine and blew himself up in it.

-----
attachment.php

-----

attachment.php

Hate to see the walnut going in but its got to be done....I have around a cord of it. You cant save every stick!

How do prevent walnut wood from cracking? I ripped some walnut boards last week, and black cherry, the walnut is cracking badly:confused:

-----
attachment.php

-----

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back