What do you guys use for tool and parts storage in the shop?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's funny but your system is exactly the same as mine, even done to the same brand of rubbermaid storage bins.
My tools all go in my roll-away tool boxes, general saw parts, oils, carb kits and such go in a large five drawer file cabinet. When I tear down a saw it goes into its own drawer in a large three drawer file cabinet. Everything associated with it goes into that drawer. It helps me keep and the parts organized that way.
Carcass saws each go into there own storage bin based on saw chassis you know, hooska doodly 61 thru 272 in a bin, steely 044 thru 460 in another bin. You all know the drill.

My oh my......some of you are quite messy and unorganized. :wtf:
You haven't seen mine! I have a reason why I don't show pics of my shop..the ones here actually look pretty good. I do have a pretty good tv in my shop though. I had to get rid of my recliner chair but replaced it with an office chair.

I think it's funny but your system is exactly the same as mine, even done to the same brand of rubbermaid storage bins.
My tools all go in my roll-away tool boxes, general saw parts, oils, carb kits and such go in a large five drawer file cabinet. When I tear down a saw it goes into its own drawer in a large three drawer file cabinet. Everything associated with it goes into that drawer. It helps me keep and the parts organized that way.
Carcass saws each go into there own storage bin based on saw chassis you know, hooska doodly 61 thru 272 in a bin, steely 044 thru 460 in another bin. You all know the drill.

Are you my long lost papaw? If so I want to look in the "steely 044 thru 460" drawer. I'm needing some parts papaw! :happybanana:

FOP! Are all them cabinets filled with saw parts????
Me thinks you are saw-rich! :cool:
No, I keep most of my saw parts in Rubbermaid totes sorted by brand and model. I didn't include pics of those. I do have a lot of chain and bars in the file cabinets though. My shop is divided into thirds. Most of the file cabinets, hardware, machinery, etc is in the first third, the second third has my vehicle hoist and most of my saws and parts, the third third has old cars, motorcycles, mowers, etc. I have too much junk. I've been working on thinning out...

Back