What do you have left???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mountainmandan

mountainmandan

ArboristSite Operative
I made that same mistake a few years back. Sold too much and when winter dragged on, ran awfully low on my personal supply. Never again! I put up twice what I think I will need for myself and then still leave a cord or two unsold for me or family member or close friend. If it just sits, it will be the first wood I sell next season.

I do this every year, I just burn stuff that is not salable, that means stuff that I can bring home today to burn tonight. I am working up a bunch of hedge, and I am keeping all of the dead branches. But I never have enough left to sell this time of year either. I still have not used the furnace yet this winter.

Dan

steved

steved

ArboristSite Guru
I had about four cords of mixed hardwood to start...will have about 1/2 cord of mostly oak left by the end of season. I already have about six cords of rounds on the ground (ToH, Pine, and mixed Hardwood), I will actually need to build more "pallets" to store it on. I will likely have another two or three cords of mixed hardwood before the end of summer.

I have neighbors that think I will give them firewood to burn in their fireplaces...I always tell them its sold everyday on Craigslist. The only wood I give away, is given to my FIL. He burns less than a quarter cord a season, and it gives me a good outlet for those pieces that are just a tad too long for our wood stove.

wreckscuba

wreckscuba

ArboristSite Lurker
I have half a cord still up buy the house out of the 5 I started with.but thers 15 more out back ready to go if needed will start cuting in april. Have 8 oaks down in the woods that came down this winter.

Old Doug

Old Doug

ArboristSite Operative
Last year was my first year burning in my house and it was a very mild winter. I have about half a cord left but their are a lot of died trees to cut when the snow melts. Next year i hope to be better prepared.

Latest posts