what does it entail to be a proffetional that can prune mature trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckickem

Reaction score
exuse my question but is there a person which his/her proffetoion is just pruning? i don't mean an arborist or a gardner. if there is one, what does it entail to become one and where can you study it?

That would be part of an arborists job. What definition are you using?

"pruner" in free translation

well, as i live in a non-english speaking country, i don't know the name of the proffetion in english. in free translation it is called: prunner. as there isn't even one arborist over here needless to say it can't be part of an arborist craft. i suppose even in the state you don't call an arborist to take down one branch of your tree though you want someone who knows the job to do it.
isn't there a person that is qualified to do the job after an arborist tells what branch to prune?

thnaks

Where is Rendarel? Not that it matters , just curious:)
Even here if you want it done right and it involves climbing you would call an arborist. you could be the first in your area and start educating! Others will do it but it's hard to say if they're qualified or not, like Landscapers, gardeners, groundskeepers, even the janitor at some schools will be required to maintain the grounds too!

let me tell you the whole story so you will know why am i asking
those Q. in the place i live (tel aviv, i made a typo mistake and couldn't bother correcting it) there isn't an arborist. this is a fact. agronomists are the highest level professionals you can get. when the council hires a pruning contructor, it asks him to hire not even agronomists but something that is called here a proffetional pruner. this is the title they use. it's a person that took some course and know litle about trees care and trees biology. they don't climb trees but use some crane that gets them high while they are using a disc, not a cain saw. they are butchers.
so as they are doing such damages to the trees and actualy killing them, i started a campaign few month ago. now is the time to take the council to court, claiming the people they i hiring are not doing theit job properly. further more, they are not qualified to do the job. this is why i am trying to find the aquivalent proffetion of pruner in the US or europe. to show the court that in other countries it takes much more to become a pruner. as a result of it demanding from the council to take up the standart and to adopt the training standart of the US for instance. i cannot demand from them to hire an arborist as i said there isn't one and to train a few people will take a while.

I would start at the International Society of Arboriculture site, lots of info there. If that's all they know is to use a circular saw then they have to learn and the ISA is the leading authority on tree care in the world. Let me rephrase that, they are an organization of the top people interested in the well being of trees in the world!

Get in touch with the arborists in the European Union. Their conference is coming up in June in Oslo, Norway.

From your description, it sounds like what was described about the care of trees in Italy only a few years aog. Now, the Italians have a really good arbo industry growing.

Tom

Ilan has been reasearching this for a few months now. He's been on this foum and a few others.

Seems that they hire line clearance tree trimmers to bucket butcher the street trees over there.

The nearest ISA member seems to be Sergio in Italiy. Long comute.

Ilan is ramping up a battle with city hall to get some experiance urban forestry done.

Back