What does "la" stand for?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I know it's idle speed, but what is "LA"?

Sorry if it's simple but I got asked yesterday and couldn't come up with an answer. Our mechanic didn't know, nor did Google.

Just a guess, maybe "low-speed air" as it controls the plate that allows air in?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

041511_poweron-on.jpg
IEC 5007, the power on (line) symbol, appearing on a button or one end of a toggle switch indicates that the control places the equipment into a fully powered state. It comes from the binary system (1 or | means on)
041511_poweron-off.jpg
IEC 5008, the power off (circle) symbol on a button or toggle, indicates that using the control will disconnect power to the device. It comes from the binary system (0 means off)

IEC 5009, the standby symbol (line partially within a broken circle), indicates a sleep mode or low power state. The switch does not fully disconnect the device from its power supply. This may appear on a toggle switch opposite a power on symbol, alone on a pushbutton that places the device into a standby state, or alone on a button that switches between on and standby. Alternatively, under IEEE 1621, this symbol simply means "power".

IEC 5010, the power on-off symbol (line within a circle), is used on buttons that switch a device between on and fully off states.
Every one is right on the money today. I like it when we all come to the same answer from different angles.

The "T" on some other brands likely means "tomgang" (=idle) - but anyway it is about adjusting when idle speed is high enough to make the clutch engage - if it does without applying throttle, the idle speed is set too high.

Where that screw is set may have some impact on where the L screw should be set as well.

Back