What does Tree Work do for you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1if i was to pull up on a job to remove a healthy tree , with no target in a hurricane zone i would not remove it, some trees do help to protect life and prop.
two weeks ago i removed a tree on this prop.i talked him into keeping this tree , the pic is the day after hurricane jennie

Can't see much in the other 2, but the "save this" tree had massive lopsidedness and it seems root issues too. Nothing done to them at all?

I think when a tree is left, steps should be taken to lessen risk. but hurricanes can undo the bestlaid intentions.

Guy,
I think you raise some interesting points: Dedicate to save trees, or remove for whatever reason where possible.
On the one hand I have seen thousands of dollars needlessly spent to 'save' at tree which should have been condemmed. And I have seen trees preserved that should have been removed because they have outgrown their growing zone.
Then there is the trees removed because of imagined fears of safety or because the new homeowners just; 'dont like the mess, you know?'
It is a fine line an arborist walks

frans

Treework gives me confidence. I am still a novice compared to you guys but I feel I am "above" anybody that doesn't climb. No I don't think I'm better than everyone else but...;)

Originally posted by kowens
#1if i was to pull up on a job to remove a healthy tree , with no target in a hurricane zone i would not remove it, some trees do help to protect life and prop.
two weeks ago i removed a tree on this prop.i talked him into keeping this tree , the pic is the day after hurricane jennie

Sorry about that. Did you prune it, lighten limbs, work with the trees natural physics?

Jack

I've committed to the Children's 'Make A Wish Foundation' to bring the joy of treeclimbing to a kid (or kids) with life debilitating illnesses or handicaps.

I appreciate Timber McPherson's involvement with the younger ones. They are, after all, our next generation of arborists.

Honorable contributions.

I share your spirit, I too work on the Foundation's principles and am part of the staff.

The best science is that which benefits people and the world around them...not a shareholder's portfolio.

Hat's off to your way of being. Thank you for thinking and acting outwardly, to the benefit of others.

I'll pass the message on to all my shareholders:D

Originally posted by Tree Machine
I've committed to the Children's 'Make A Wish Foundation' to bring the joy of treeclimbing to a kid (or kids) with life debilitating illnesses or handicaps.
More kindred spirits at Arbor Quest--they "love to climb trees and believe that everyone can join us" and "have a long-standing commitment to and experience with people with disabilities."

Latest posts

Back