what equipment to buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of the newer jobs coming out in fuels redux/mitigation seem to be calling for non-conventional logging equip. depending on how much you wanna spend on a machine, you could get the supertrak, the best on the market (in my opinion). however, your looking at close to 200grand for something that makes a product that does not produce any revenue. that machine comes in close to 15K lbs, but has very low psi. itll take down anything in its way too! do a search, i put a post about it a few months ago.

this is the wave coming forth on these types of jobs, they want all materials removed in most areas, and broadcast chipped to a certain depth in others. thats what ive been looking at. i would suggest a tracked machine, but if youre working in snow, they arent that great. i wish CAT would put steel on their regular skidsteer machines!

We have tons of experience doing mitigation just none using mechanical equipment other than chippers of course. We are looking to expand our business and mowing (mulching) is an obvious fit. We are also looking into a joint bid with another company that does have the equipment. This particular bid is very specific in areas that can not be mechanically cut and what can be cut and what can't. I like the idea of a joint venture and paying a lot of attention to the mulching aspect. The bid is specific in that we can only use a small mulcher!

Thanks for all the responses.

Mike

Back