What happened to giftofwood stihl site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the dealers bought the calendars to give out to their customers for good PR. But this just all seems, well , so stupid, were just talking nickels and dimes here compared to what you pay for their products. I don't think even the pirates are making that much money off it, maybe I'm wrong, the most it could amount to would be a little extra spending money for the pirates. I must be missing the big picture here, Big Bad Sthil worried over some pictures of nuts and bolts .

Larry

Your right Axeman it's stupidity at it's best and talk about being over protective of their products their a pain in the butt, competition is so keen on ebay for your IPL dollars it's hardly worth the effort. Pity everyone expects everything for nothing so eventually they will give it away.

Doesn't bother me as i don't own a Stihl.

Mc Bob.

I hardly consider IPL's and Service Manuals as IP. IP is normally considered proprietary inside info such as new product roadmaps, specs on upcomming products, internal sourcing arrangement, cost structure, etc, etc.

I guess I can see Stihl wanting to keep their Service Manual limited to their dealers to give them a competitive adavantage over other repair shops. However IPL's should be freely distributed and placed on their own website. (just like Dolmar, Shindaiwa, Echo, and just about everyone else).

How is Stihl or their dealers threatened by making IPL's readily avail???

davefr said:
How is Stihl or their dealers threatened by making IPL's readily avail???

I would think that it would save the dealers time if a customer has already used the parts list to identify what they need, and just come in with a list of part numbers to buy.

This isn't about losing money. It's about copyright law. In order to maintain a copyright the company has to be proactive about addressing infringement, even questionable infringements. If they don't, and it could be shown in a court of law that they knew about something and didn't take action, then they risk losing the copyright. Part of maintaining a copyright is showing that you actively protect that copyright. Don't blame Stihl, they're just doing what they have to do...

sd_smoker said:
This isn't about losing money. It's about copyright law. In order to maintain a copyright the company has to be proactive about addressing infringement, even questionable infringements. If they don't, and it could be shown in a court of law that they knew about something and didn't take action, then they risk losing the copyright. Part of maintaining a copyright is showing that you actively protect that copyright. Don't blame Stihl, they're just doing what they have to do...

Bingo!

Bollocks.

What a feckin ejit I am postin that info.
Cant even finish downloading my workshop manual.
Sorry guys, but next time I find somthing like that Ill have to keep
iy to myself. :(

Joshua said:
What a feckin ejit I am postin that info.
Cant even finish downloading my workshop manual.
Sorry guys, but next time I find somthing like that Ill have to keep
iy to myself. :(

Joshua - which manual do you need? Might be able to magic it across the Irish sea.

Big feller.

Is it just me or is Stihl wasting time chasing small time offenders when their saws are being counterfeited in china? I understand they want to protect copyrights and products but how long before the chinese produce liturature for the clone or even sell actual stihl liturature under a clone name. Not to mention counterfeit parts...I know Stihl can not dictate what happens on main land china but what about the importers and exporters? Just another rant I guess...:angry2:

Another Bucker said:
Is it just me or is Stihl wasting time chasing small time offenders when their saws are being counterfeited in china? I understand they want to protect copyrights and products but how long before the chinese produce liturature for the clone or even sell actual stihl liturature under a clone name. Not to mention counterfeit parts...I know Stihl can not dictate what happens on main land china but what about the importers and exporters? Just another rant I guess...:angry2:

It's not just you - the issue is misunderstood by many. You can't ignore the small issues at the expense of the larger, simply because if you don't protect your general rights in the USA (for example) then you lose you ability to protect against the clones etc entering the USA...

hello fellas i need some ipls if you have them....i need them bad right now so email me ......thanks alot

Latest posts

Back