What have had or seen go wrong wih your dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been bitten by any of my dawgs myself. I was using a stock 361 last week bucking up some huge maple rounds and wished I had the big dawg kit on it. I kept rubbing the muffler and wanting something more to lever off of. I cut faster when I am dawged into the wood. I switched to my 441 with the large dawg kit, and that worked much better.

maybe I'm crazy but my saws go in the bed of the truck. Just don't do like Carl (business partner) did last week and dump out the logs with the saw still in there. Broken brake handle number 3 I think this year.

Oil Jugs. Delo used to come in better gallon jugs that would take a decent hit and not get punctured. We used to use those as fuel cans. Mostly a block shape, with the neck added to the corner. Gone in pursuit of profit margins, I suppose.

I sorta remember poking my leg a couple times? Never anything real serious so I don't really remember the little stuff... (if it needs less then 1-2 stitches I've probably forgotten where the scar came from)
If it only needs 1 or 2 stiches you can do it with Krazy Glue and it is a hell of a lot cheaper lol. ED

I pinched my hand putting a shaft in the PTO last summer. It hurt. I cried a bit, but kept at it. Looked down a minute later and had blood welling out of the top of my glove. Took a bunch of superglue over several days to keep it shut, but fine now. My kids get the full treatment tho
image.jpg

I always sharpen in a vice, and on more than one occasion the file has skidded off the cutter and ended up opening a finger up to the bone while doing the right cutters. Have done the same thing on the right cutters and punched the dawgs, full force. Gone into the webbing between my fingers and out the other side, into a vein on the top of my hand, and, worst one - punched fully in the centre of the knuckle of my middle finger, actually fracturing the kunckle :-(

I wear welding gloves when sharpening now. I usually have to do 6-12 saws a day, and it's only a matter of time before you skid off after sharpening a few miles of chain. Especially if you sharpen in a vice with a fresh file and push as hard as you can. Especially if you sharpen at the end of the day and it's been a long day, you're fatigued, not on your A game.

I bet he's fine by now?

I can part both my eyebrows, split one open on a sharp edged brick wall, 6 stitches, the other one was a dog bite. She didn't mean it, she was snapping at a honeybee that landed there. 7 stitches in that one.
Can't see his scar now. The guy who sutured him is tremendously afraid of the lil' boys momma tho

Latest posts

Back