What ideas have you come up with?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are going to base a $40-100k purchase over 10 gallons of bar oil? :crazy:

Some use bar oil, some hydraulic oil.

Mine uses hydraulic oil, never been an issue. I get about 1000 hours on a bar, so probably ~800 cords or so.

oh wow, maybe i'll run hyd oil. on a Oregon bar i'm only getting ~150-200 cords...... my oiler plugs up at times being gravity drain only so maybe i run without oil more than i realize.

I can't see gravity feed working well.
it works well most of the time. the wood type (dry or green) seems to effect the plugging of the bar oiler hole.
if i have a nice pile of food wood nearby to load easily i can set the oiler valve on to the right amount of openness, and all works well. when one forgets to turn it off or get distracted on something else, then you loose some oil. No 12v power on my machine (13hp honda) so no electric pump option, gravity is simple and cheap..... but i hope my grease gun will save some oil and keep the bar cleaner.

it works well most of the time. the wood type (dry or green) seems to effect the plugging of the bar oiler hole.
if i have a nice pile of food wood nearby to load easily i can set the oiler valve on to the right amount of openness, and all works well. when one forgets to turn it off or get distracted on something else, then you loose some oil. No 12v power on my machine (13hp honda) so no electric pump option, gravity is simple and cheap..... but i hope my grease gun will save some oil and keep the bar cleaner.

My buddy had a 12v setup and it didn't work well. We changed it back to hydraulic.

Latest posts

Back