What in the world is this???!!! MS661 related.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have this figured out. Stihl central read all of Randy's threads on raising the intake with epoxy and this is just their version. (see pic above of rubber washer sticking out the intake) This way the customer has the option of going either way...pop or squish. (is that like AC or DC?)
Those of you who didn't get washers in your 661 have the actual factory defect.
:p

I promise I will never start an oil thread unless it is for burning alternative forms of oil in the 017.like the canola oil thread.i swear i won't burn canola oil in one again.that **** stinks and is still lingering over a year later.I do promise that bacon fat, duck grease, bear fat, will be up next.just as soon as I get my back straightened out again.got to tackling horses to trim hooves too soon.:angry: Injection time again.:crazy2:

I have 5-6 tanks ....last 2 tanks of R50........... I said it before and I will say it again.
R50 actually cleans up the crowns.
It had more carbon on it last time I looked at it with the bore-scope.
Could also be the VP with the R50
Curious what mdavlee ran it with ?

I bet the rest just about wipes off
It got a half a tank of 87 or 93 and 800.

had to be a husky plant on the assembly line...probably the same one that put the wrong coil and carb on those 201T's

Does anyone have one of these early bellowed intake boots in a warranty box somewhere ? Specifically seeking out those of you that work for dealers and swapped these out on early units as instructed by Stihl soon after the so called problem of the rubber washers popping out of the bellows came to light? The new updated straight boots are supceptable to tears when rough necks get pinched in a cut. I’ve seen one burned up top end due to this. If anyone has one of the first gen boots I’d be interested for a few bucks

Latest posts

Back