What is a strato saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pole-line Paul

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have recently joined this site because it's the most useful tool I've found on the Internet while researching saws. The knowledge found here is incredible. Anyhow, back to my question. What exactly is a strato saw? I've read here that the 362 is a strato saw and the 361 isn't. What's the difference? Thanks.

It's a chainsaw that doesn't have asthma.

Welcome to AS. :D :cheers:

12953d1256159178-epa-wars-who-will-.jpg

Last edited:
Now you gone & done it....

Hi guys. I have recently joined this site because it's the most useful tool I've found on the Internet while researching saws. The knowledge found here is incredible. Anyhow, back to my question. What exactly is a strato saw? I've read here that the 362 is a strato saw and the 361 isn't. What's the difference? Thanks.

Don't brag on these guys too much.

They're opinionated enough as it is. :givebeer:

The one drawing looks inefficient to an uneducated person like myself.

Yes the 362 & 361 are different. 361 is a regular piston ported 2 stroke, and the 362 is a strato charged design.

Back