What is the 2nd plug for in the winter kit on a Husqvarna 562xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joab

I'll think of something.
Reaction score
So I bought a 562XP recently and I got it all set up for winter cutting -- i.e. I knocked out the hole in the intermediate wall and drilled out the pilot divot to install the winter cover screws and did a trial fitting of everything. And then I put the smaller plug in the hole in the intermediate wall to put it back to warm weather mode; but it's all ready to go if the weather turns cold.

The thing I noticed that I don't understand is that it comes with two plugs -- one 13mm or about 1/2 inch, and one 18mm or about 3/4 inch. Only the 13mm plug seems to fit.

I'm just curious, what is the other, larger plug for? I know some older saws of other series used the larger plug (which is very convenient because I have a Partner 500 that's missing such a plug), but it seems like all the saws that use this particular winter kit all have the 13mm hole.

Was there an older version of the intermediate wall on the 550/555/562 series? I'm not going to pull everything apart, but can you punch out the hole in the intermediate wall from the other side and use the larger plug if you need still more of a warming effect?

If anybody knows the answer, I'd like to understand this.

So I bought a 562XP recently and I got it all set up for winter cutting -- i.e. I knocked out the hole in the intermediate wall and drilled out the pilot divot to install the winter cover screws and did a trial fitting of everything. And then I put the smaller plug in the hole in the intermediate wall to put it back to warm weather mode; but it's all ready to go if the weather turns cold.

The thing I noticed that I don't understand is that it comes with two plugs -- one 13mm or about 1/2 inch, and one 18mm or about 3/4 inch. Only the 13mm plug seems to fit.

I'm just curious, what is the other, larger plug for? I know some older saws of other series used the larger plug (which is very convenient because I have a Partner 500 that's missing such a plug), but it seems like all the saws that use this particular winter kit all have the 13mm hole.

Was there an older version of the intermediate wall on the 550/555/562 series? I'm not going to pull everything apart, but can you punch out the hole in the intermediate wall from the other side and use the larger plug if you need still more of a warming effect?

If anybody knows the answer, I'd like to understand this.

eBay has answered my question -- there are two different intermediate walls. I don't know if there are two different part numbers. In any case -- look at the pics. Screenshot_20180307-191859.png

Back