what is the best? Husqvarna or Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 365 this winter. It is a great saw. And though i only have about 15 tanks of fuel through it..it has never disappointed me or my choice to purchase it.:greenchainsaw:

Hi to all! News of today... My vendor has proposed a Husky 362xp at the same price of a Husky 365. He tell me that in effect Stihl is very good (a little bit better than Husky) but not easy for the maintenance and Husky done less problems. The price is more or less 625$. What is the price in USA. I think that I will accept. What do you think? Thank you and sorry for my bad english...

Renato

husky vs stihl

You should buy either husky or stihl. After that don't worry about it so much.
(Some Huskies from Eastern Europe are very very poor and some huskys in the bigger store in the US aren't made by Husky. Also some stihl imitations are made very poorly in china. So stay away from that stuff of course.)
One thing to note is how much the two brands are coming together more and more. Design-wise; they are looking alike.
With regards to maintenance, the three most common maintenance items are; 1) Gas and oil, 2) Bar and chain and 3) air filter. Look each over carefully and these three items might be the reason you select one saw over another.

{One thing I noticed about huskys in the late 1980's and early 1990's was that husky had more problems with parts. They did at least double the correction/upgrade on their parts schematics that stihl would do in the same time frame. It sure seemed like stihl spent a little more time on design and manufacture than husky. This is very annoying when you are the guy in charge of maintaining 30 large huskys)

Dealer support is probably the biggest item. If you have one dealer that carries both, be aware that at least in the states stihl supports its dealers better than husky does theirs. It is not just the big box store sales, when stihl has a sale, they absorb most or all of the loss. Husky makes their dealers eat it to a degree. This can be part of the reason a dealer may favor stihl. I don't know if any of this is true in Italy.

I favor stihl, but don't have the recent experience with huskys that should be required to actually give a recommendation that would count.

I would suggest that the competition between these two large manufacturers is very good for us.

All the Best

As usual, the answer to this question is Homelite.

This VI-955 has a self cleaning feature designed for European wall sockets

955body.jpg

955body.gif

955clutch.jpg

955starter.jpg

Newfie said:
Craftsman rule!:greenchainsaw:
OMG, I just received a like new Craftsman today! Old but an Elux model, same as Poulan 3700. After dumping the old gas and rinsing with fresh it started right up. Not trying to steal this post but there ARE other options than Stihl vs. Husky. This is a 61cc saw and has torque (aka grunt). Jonsereds, RedMax, Echo and Dolmar are others to consider besides Stihl and Husky. Now I love my H55 and 031 and 280 but try to keep an open mind about other makes. I'm rambling so I'll stop now.:greenchainsaw:

zedxx said:
Hi to all, I've purchase a new chainsaw. Now I've a Pioneer P25 (very very good but with some little problems... I need spare parts!!!). I've decided to buy a new but bigger (not more 65cc). My local vendor propose a husky 365 or a stihl ms361. What is your opinion? let me know and let me know also the model that you suggest me. Thank You very much!!! I write from Italy, but this site is the best!!!

After much consideration, I recently bought a new 361 and love it - well balanced, easy to start, easy to handle, cuts very well. I did get the more aggressive chain. I think either saw will perform very well, but I liked the lighter weight of the Stihl and found a local dealer who gave me a fantastic price. If weight isn't a factor, shop for the best price from the source who will give you the most support.

Good luck!

Yes, I did see he was from Italy, but as my name implies, I was not aware of a difference in output from here to there!?!?! Learn something new every day! No one has yet asked this gentelman what he is going to do with this saw, firewood? Clearing? What? These things matter as well, do they not?
Zed: no need to appoligize for you're english, you type and spell better than most of us that live here:) But as I said before, it really comes down to color choice, they are both fine saws and will probably outlast you!
Andy

zedxx said:
:..... , Stihl .... but slow engine in comparisation with Husky and sometime problem with air filter.
That may be true with some older Stihl models, but not with the 361.
It is a quite recent 4 channel design, with engine characteristics more like the Husky xps, than like older Stihls.:clap:

Air filtration and anti vibe is also a lot better on the 361, than the older Stihls.:clap:

...and there is nothing wrong with asking the Stihl vs. Husky question when it is related to spesific models!
It is the general Husky vs. Stihl question that is hopeless, as they both have some very good and some less good designs in their model line-up.

zedxx said:
Hi to all! News of today... My vendor has proposed a Husky 362xp at the same price of a Husky 365. ....
The 362xp weights the same as the 365, and it has engine characteristics more like the 361 than like the 365. It also has the small bar mount, which to an extent limits the bar options.

It is a discontinued model in the Western world, so a price discount is fair ...

Anyway, even though your prices are higher than in the US, they are way lower than here at the top of Europe. :angry2:

Another point, that nobody has mentioned so far, is that the 362xp and 365 basically are the same saws, and weights close to the same, as the 372xp. Many people feel that these models are quite meaningless for that reason (you get most of the weight of the 372, but far from the same power).

Detail differences (features) has been known to vary with time, and around the world.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back