what is the differnce between a Husky 372 and 32XP top end?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to edit the title but cannot...........
So I sounded like a dumbass

I pretty much knew that.........

I knew that already...LOL
What does it take to get taken serious here?

I don't know **** about chainsaws but I build guns for a living and have a full machine shop........

Nice...........great bunch of judgemental guys here
I used your own words. No judgement here. But you aren’t making it easy to help you. There is a lot of knowledge on this site if you show some respect as a new member we are happy to lend a hand.

I used your own words. No judgement here. But you aren’t making it easy to help you. There is a lot of knowledge on this site if you show some respect as a new member we are happy to lend a hand.
I called myself a dumbass thinking that if I took the hit MAYBE y'all would cut me some slack.
Right out of the gate "cuinrearview" was a smartass.
Then the next two members stated that what I bought was what I bought and to those two I replied that I knew that already.
Then you said:
Or is this more of a “you suck, look what I scored thread?”

But I am disrespecting y'all?............................
Condescend much?

I called myself a dumbass thinking that if I took the hit MAYBE y'all would cut me some slack.
Right out of the gate "cuinrearview" was a smartass.
Then the next two members stated that what I bought was what I bought and to those two I replied that I knew that already.
Then you said:
Or is this more of a “you suck, look what I scored thread?”

But I am disrespecting y'all?............................
Condescend much?

Okay... let’s just try a reset.
Perhaps there were some assumptions made based on written words.

How can I help you with your saw today?

xtorq cylinder.
H30366-2.jpg

Non xtorq.
NIKASIL-50MM-Cylinder-Piston-Rings-Kit-For-Husqvarna-365-371-372-372XP-362-Chainsaw-ENGINE-MOTOR.jpg_640x640.jpg

I just won a 372XP on ebay. Seller say's he put an OEM "non xtorque" 372xp top end on it......
What did i get myself into?
What's up Gary, congrats on the new husky :happy:.
It looks like you got a newer xtorq saw with a cylinder and all the goodies off an oe(original edition of the 372), which is, as you know basically what the ad said.
One of the great things about it is that if you ever score the cylinder and need to replace it you can get one off either model to replace it, but you can not easily(not sure if someone has yet, but I wouldn't doubt it)put an xtorq cylinder on the oe cases(although in order to do that the easiest way is to put the xtorq intake and carb back on it unless I've missed something in all my reading since I've never done it myself).
Many folks are big fans of the oe, I personally don't care which one it is as long as it's got a sharp chain on it it will chase chips out of a log and that's what matters.
As far as how folks responded you'll have to take things lightly if you want to hang here as someone is always going to give you a hard time, and Tim @cuinrearview is one of the resident smart Alecs:cheers:(and he's a buddy of mine :)).
There is a lot of slang used here as well as many acronyms as well as statements such as "you suck"(meaning that you got a great deal, Which is meant as a compliment ;)), just take it easy as folks are helpful here, but sometimes we expect that others will get what we are saying even when they are new. That being said there are a few that are just special and you will learn not to pay attention to them.
I find the search feature here is not always the way to go and I will search something through google and get better results. In this case I would search "Husqvarna 372xp vs 372xp xtorq" and then you can also ad forum to that search if it produces to many results or different results than you had hoped for like this "Husqvarna 372xp vs 372xp xtorq forum", just be sure you don't put the quotation marks when you do the search or it will limit your search to exactly that phrase.
The guys that responded above are all willing to help, that's why they responded in the first place, we all have to remember as was stated there is a lot lost in translation on here, it's hard enough for two people to talk face to face without misunderstanding each other half the time:sucks:, so bear with us as we bear with you :D.

@Gary Lee
This should help

Interesting video. I now understand that my top cover (saw arrives tomorrow and I leave to Davenport IA late tonight) may not have been changed and the decomp may or may not be accessible.
Also, and although, the pics posted by TheBrushSlasher above show the top end differences, they do not show the weight, height and lower end (case) differences which would preclude putting an xtorque top end on a “non” xtorque saw. Thank y’all!

Did you buy the saw to flip or cut with? Give it a base gasket delete, open muffler at top, tune and start cutting. I always vac test a new saw. Easy to work on. A lot of available parts, one of my favorite saws with a 24 inch blade. Don't say blade, it really gets everyone fired up.

Did you buy the saw to flip or cut with? Give it a base gasket delete, open muffler at top, tune and start cutting. I always vac test a new saw. Easy to work on. A lot of available parts, one of my favorite saws with a 24 inch blade. Don't say blade, it really gets everyone fired up.
Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 7.08.56 PM.png

I don’t know if it is just different users, but I have seen more of the X-torq models with scored pistons from getting too hot, even with good mix and sharp chains.

I have had them both and I do prefer the original version to the X-torq. The original version sells for more when used, so that makes sense that the industry also likes the original edition most...

The OE version ports very well and responds great to the above listed minor mods that DUCE mentioned (base gasket delete, muffler mod, good tune).

Vac test is highly recommended anytime you get a frankensaw, especially if idle hunts or takes too much adjustment from cold to hot...

The original version sells for more when used, so that makes sense that the industry also likes the original edition most...
I think part of that is because the 372oe gained legendary status when the 575 was introduced to replace it an was a tank and had seal/bearing problems. There are also those of us who like to buy up these legendary saws because some guys just have to have them :envy:, so we drive the price up some.
Yes there were some bearing problems on the XT saws, but most were running at 50:1, not the 40:1 most ran the oe's at. If ran at 40:1 the fallers I've talked to have not had any greater failure rate with the XT and many like the XT over the oe, but that's not kosher to say on the forums. The reality is there are lot's of oe's with bad cranks, I have a 362 here right now that's as tight as a drum :(, cylinder looks good though as does the piston.
The 361/362 is another example of this as is the 346/550, 200t/201t, and...
That being said there are other reasons I would agree to liking the oe more such as vibrations, but there are also different mounts that can help that. Besides for me cutting firewood and a few tree jobs if the xtorq has a little more vibes it doesn't bother me, and it's certainly less vibes that a 460/461 :).

I bought it to cut with. I will probably do the mods you mentioned and I am probably going 24" or 28" with the bar......maybe one of each.

Yes there were some bearing problems on the XT saws, but most were running at 50:1, not the 40:1 most ran the oe's at. If ran at 40:1 the fallers I've talked to have not had any greater failure rate with the XT.
Glad to hear you say this, I've been running mine at 40:1 :)

Latest posts

Back