• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy What is the value of a Sthil 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one I kept.
I've got two of those, but they are 070's. They are much better to run than a regular 090, unless you need to use the lower part of the rear handle. Unfortunately with long bars, that is the main part you grab when bucking as it offers the best leverage point. The newer AV style doesn't have that issue, however it's shape isn't the most helpful to grab, being very wide with downturns edges.

Late style starter, the later ones had an operator presence lever, one of my 070's does.
You have a loop AV with a presence lever? That really is at the end of the run. The one "loop" AV I have is rough and in pieces now. I think it is an 070. I know it is an old one. It has been sitting here 4.5 years untouched.

You have a loop AV with a presence lever? That really is at the end of the run. The one "loop" AV I have is rough and in pieces now. I think it is an 070. I know it is an old one. It has been sitting here 4.5 years untouched.
Yup I do have one in nice condition, and still a red top.

Back