What is this stihl crankshaft for?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had your calipers calibrated? Did they come with a reference standard or are you just assuming they are right because they're digital?

Geez now I have to go back and make sure that I "liked" DSS's post about calibrating his calipers in the "Other" thread! :msp_mad:

Guess I'll have to go back to reading that one last!

I'll never tell. :msp_biggrin:

i do beleave it is for a chainsaw
maybe a stihl

what are you smoking randy?

I just glanced at the one picture and thought he was measuring in front of the bearing shoulder. Just in front of the bearing shoulder on the poly flywheel cranks the stub shaft is 15mm.

Oh well, good luck with your crank...

Yes. I like pie BTW. Not rhubarb pie though. That stuff is the devil's weed...

That there is quotable stuff Jacob.................and I still miss Beaker......:msp_confused:

Fired off some "Crank" rep this morning..................:msp_w00t:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean it. I am just trying to ID this crankshaft. I have seen "1114" on a 024 crankshaft, or a "1125" on a MS290 crankshaft. Maybe this "1122" crankshaft was used for something else.

View attachment 257184
View attachment 257185
View attachment 257187
View attachment 257188

Now I've seen it all. Photographic evidence of an individual "calibrating" digital calipers with a ruler, LOLOLOLOLOLOL, sorry, I'll recompose myself ................. LOLOLOLOLOL.

When you calibrate something you are suppose to use something that is more accurate then the instrument being calibrated, so in this case you should use a gauge block or micrometer or something else of known dimension, not a F@@@ing scale/ruler. Edit your post and take those ignorant photos off of the web before you embarass yourself.

Sam

Now I've seen it all. Photographic evidence of an individual "calibrating" digital calipers with a ruler, LOLOLOLOLOLOL, sorry, I'll recompose myself ................. LOLOLOLOLOL.

When you calibrate something you are suppose to use something that is more accurate then the instrument being calibrated, so in this case you should use a gauge block or micrometer or something else of known dimension, not a F@@@ing scale/ruler. Edit your post and take those ignorant photos off of the web before you embarass yourself.

Sam

That's a rude response. No need for that.

So the original guy, asked everyonewhat he had, when he knew what he had, and everyone else is fighting with each other?

Yeah it sux to give a lot of yourself with all of these kids trying to publicly make you "wrong" at something you posted. It is very hard to
diagnose any two cycle problem when it is in your shop. Damm difficult on the internet with all of the vague and misleading info.

The "wise" experts just have a "no comment" with they sniff a rat.......That keeps the record clean/cleaner.....

I just got done reading this thread and that is 5 minutes of my life I'll never have back.

AJ

I'm feeling cranky tonight and want to fight with someone.

Mr. HE:cool:

Back