what is "XP"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that Stihl is all about marketing - this reminds me of the "Carbon fibre" bodied fishing reels of the 1980s - the only differense is that those actually were practical to a degree....

Stihl is "a bit" late as usual! :lol:
ok man dont need to proove that you love husqvarnas

Ooooh, carbon fiber - is it still 1990 in Germany then? Besides, it's just fluff, not production.
yes in Germany is still 1990 yes yes yes the same is in sweeden mercedes, bmw, porsche, audi, volvo, scania, man, ferrari, bugatti, lamborgini, koenisengh, pagani zonda, maserati, aston martin, rolls royce .........................................
Now show us your american mcdonalds technology

yes in Germany is still 1990 yes yes yes the same is in sweeden mercedes, bmw, porsche, audi, volvo, scania, man, ferrari, bugatti, lamborgini, koenisengh, pagani zonda, maserati, aston martin, rolls royce .........................................
Now show us your american mcdonalds technology
I think a chainsaw with parts made out of McDonalds hamburgers would be every bit as pointless as that saw with carbon fiber parts on it. Which is of course why they don't make them like that.

The cost/benefit tradeoff for carbon fiber parts on a chainsaw will never come close to justifying using it in production. The same is true for production cars as well. The only reason to do it is if you can get enough people to pay extra just because they think it's so cool, and that might work.

I think a chainsaw with parts made out of McDonalds hamburgers would be every bit as pointless as that saw with carbon fiber parts on it. Which is of course why they don't make them like that.

The cost/benefit tradeoff for carbon fiber parts on a chainsaw will never come close to justifying using it in production. The same is true for production cars as well. The only reason to do it is if you can get enough people to pay extra just because they think it's so cool, and that might work.
My friend understand something, they have the knife they have the watermelon , they cut what parts they want, they decide to put in the market mtronics- autotunes and they put , the people just buy what they want, if you see the german catalogue all saws are mtronic so if you want or no you buy mtronic or autotune , the same will be and with the carbon or maybe other materials or technologies if you want, who ask you and me if we want mtronic- autotune ? they just give to us and we pay the extra , like stupid cows , and also we are very proud just because we have a intelligent saw, if you thing deeper ( bull...... ) they just play with us like small childs.
the bad think is that we start fights like chickens for what saw or which mtronic - autotune is better, you know i have stihls and husqys mtronics and autotunes , i love them both no problem with them , i take care for them and they make the job perfectly both of them.

My friend understand something, they have the knife they have the watermelon , they cut what parts they want, they decide to put in the market mtronics- autotunes and they put , the people just buy what they want, if you see the german catalogue all saws are mtronic so if you want or no you buy mtronic or autotune , the same will be and with the carbon or maybe other materials or technologies if you want, who ask you and me if we want mtronic- autotune ? they just give to us and we pay the extra , like stupid cows , and also we are very proud just because we have a intelligent saw, if you thing deeper ( bull...... ) they just play with us like small childs.
the bad think is that we start fights like chickens for what saw or which mtronic - autotune is better, you know i have stihls and husqys mtronics and autotunes , i love them both no problem with them , i take care for them and they make the job perfectly both of them.
No, feedback carbs actually solve a significant problem. Silly carbon fiber parts are just expensive decoration.

Hey, I can sign one for a small fee!
look my friend lets say some truths , everyone want the best , its a big lie if someone tell the oposite, so you and me or everything else want this bar or this saw, and i bet you if the stihl give tomorow in the market many of us include my self will go and buy one even if cost 3000 euros even if we know that all this is a good decoration. and nothing else , and many of us will do this just for say hey look at me i have better than you , its human physics , nature , ok the stihl es bar its not do the job , lets buy a sugi , or cannon , even if we are not pro , even if we just cut woods for fun , but the sugi make us to see something biger to the others.

look my friend lets say some truths , everyone want the best , its a big lie if someone tell the oposite, so you and me or everything else want this bar or this saw, and i bet you if the stihl give tomorow in the market many of us include my self will go and buy one even if cost 3000 euros even if we know that all this is a good decoration. and nothing else , and many of us will do this just for say hey look at me i have better than you , its human physics , nature , ok the stihl es bar its not do the job , lets buy a sugi , or cannon , even if we are not pro , even if we just cut woods for fun , but the sugi make us to see something biger to the others.
Respectfully, I do not agree. I do not need "the best" - that is how we've been programmed in this consumer society, but it was not always so. There was once a concept of "value", where people spent what they needed to get a tool that was adequate for the job, because their resources were limited and there was always a trade off to be made. You buy a chainsaw that is much more expensive than you need, you have to skimp on something else you care about. It was mostly easy credit combined with advertising that changed this - the ad man has taught us that we should indulge ourselves.

That is why I enjoy using and modifying cheaper saws - they do everything I need them to without forcing me to cut corners elsewhere in ways that wouldn't be good for my family. There will never be a carbon fiber bar, or a $1000 chainsaw in my barn, because I simply don't need one - and therefore I don't want one.

Back