What just happened??/

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like the new forum format?

• I like it

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • I am crying inside

Votes: 164 93.2%

• Total voters
No you didn't give the order, Darin did, and he owns it...
Actually, my wife is Hungarian and there is no literal translation.

I'm 57, and don't have any problems with the icons, time you need an eye checkup?
Finally, Get Back is by The Beatles, not the Stones:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/get-back-lyrics-beatles.html

I don't know Darin......do you ?:hmm3grin2orange:

Hungarian for "this sucks" = "a cukorka" ( according to two translation sites ).:yoyo:

Yes, my "eye checkup" ( getting kinda personal, aren't we up there ? ) was completed last October with an Ophthamologist. I got smashed by a chunk of a stump last year while brush cutting WITHOUT PROPER PPE ; knocked me out, after barely missing my left ( I think ) eye.

Finally in your litany of malfeasances, the misquote was long ago corrected by another ( butt nicer :hmm3grin2orange: ). You may scroll back for clarification.

Have a good day.

P.S. Where the H is the "spellcheck" function ? Darin.

My suggestion is to make the light green font a darker color so my old eyes can pick it up better. Things seem to run together as it stands now.

Steve

This is absolutely horrendous!!..Why oh why do things have to change?? The old format was easy to navigate...easy to use....made you feel comfortable, at home...when it loaded up. This layout is painfully bright to look at....it looks amateurish and outdated. AS gods...did we do something wrong that we need to be punished for?? I must leave now....looking at this new layout is giving me a migraine.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

This is absolutely horrendous!!..Why oh why do things have to change?? The old format was easy to navigate...easy to use....made you feel comfortable, at home...when it loaded up. This layout is painfully bright to look at....it looks amateurish and outdated. AS gods...did we do something wrong that we need to be punished for?? I must leave now....looking at this new layout is giving me a migraine.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Calling Msr. Darin. Calling Msr. Darin.
You need to speak to the unwashed.....soon.:D

This site must be run by the government. No normal person would fix what's not broke!
(BTW I'm wearing my sunglasses as I type this)

104 - 8 :laugh:

page looks like im reading microsoft word, all black, white and gray, no clear separations in posts, one big wall of white as you scroll down

agree with everyone else, this format is very hard on your eye's. I really liked the old format better. Please change it back.... Thank you.:bang:

I don't like it either... But to fix the black bars on the sides, hold ctrl and press + twice. If you are surfing from an apple, it's "open apple" and +.

Ian

The more I use it, the more I like it. I actually like it better that ive used it some. We needed a more secure site. Ive seen more spam on this site in the last month than Ive seen the whole time ive been a member here.

I dont see what all the crying is about.:D

I don't like it either... But to fix the black bars on the sides, hold ctrl and press + twice. If you are surfing from an apple, it's "open apple" and +.

Ian

That just zooms in and makes the text bigger. Best web page pub practice suggest the page width should be user controllable for those that wish the text to stay the same size and fill the screen to reduce user scrolling.

I know the site has to make a buck but squeezing the page width makes the sponsors almost fill the screen on loading . . . . . maybe a subtle play at forcing users eyes to the sponsors adds??

That just zooms in and makes the text bigger. Best web page pub practice suggest the page width should be user controllable for those that wish the text to stay the same size and fill the screen to reduce user scrolling.

I know the site has to make a buck but squeezing the page width makes the sponsors almost fill the screen on loading . . . . . maybe a subtle play at forcing users eyes to the sponsors adds??

Some were complaining about small text size and the black bars. Zooming solves both of those problems. Doesn't change the layout though.

Sponsors' ad size matters not to me, I promptly ad block everything that I don't want to see anyway. ;)

Ian

P.S. just figured out that my old ad block settings were blocking some of the new format's options. If you have "arboristsite/images" blocked, you are missing some buttons and the 'rep' bar.

Last edited:
For my computer the new format is like watching 4:3 tv on a 16:9 screen. I get the bars on each side of the monitor. It kind of remindes me of the wife, always changing stuff around, and when I finally get use to something, she has to re-arrange again :(

Well said reaperman !! The colors i could used to ( still don't like it !) But why not use the whole screen !!! I like change but only if its to better things !!!

It's Gone!!

I searched

Type: Posts; Keyword(s): log splitter; Forum: Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment and child forums

Yesterday and was on page 15 and there were plenty more pages to go.

Today there are only 5 entries!!!! Where is the rest of the posts???

Roy

Back