What kind of 2 stroke oil are you using??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberhauler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just curious to see what kind of oil you guys prefer...I use the Husky XP only because I like the color it makes the gas...I do on occasion use Spectro synthetic,the same oil I run in my race bike.It works,but it stinks when it burns...So,what do ya'll like??

I use the Stihl mix. Mainly because there is a parts house close that stocks it. Closest Husky dealer is about 35 minutes from me.

I'm using Amsoil Serier 2000 Full Synthetic Race oil Works well. My buddy uses it and the SOB runs his Huskys at 100/1 Oil ratio. Seems super bad for the saws, but he cuts a LOT of wood and has never had a motor failure. He compared the saws on 50/1 Husky oil, and 100/1 Amsoil mix and he swears the saws gain a couple hundred RPMs and make more power and most importantely they don't stink! :biggrinbounce2:

I've seen and felt the cylinders in his saws, and they're in excellent condition and his saws have at least 5-7 years of running on this oil mix!

I''ll never run mine more than 50/1, so I'm NOT saying to do what my buddy does with his 100/1 ratios. :hmm3grin2orange:

I usually try to run Stihl or Echo nonsynthetics (depending on the dealer I happen to be in), but I have some cheap stuff (Poulan) from Walmart lying around that I bought in a pinch but never needed to use. I'll probably use it in a pinch some day I reckon.

I used this stuff called Champion for years that my dealer reccomended, but just switched to Husky xp for the new saw.

Sorry

Couldnt resist, but really, I'm with cut4fun, Klotz Super Techniplate, only I run it at 32:1.

I use the stihl stuff in the orange bottle that I get from the dealer, saw seems to run better with it than the cheap stuff.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned used motor oil or canola oil. :hmm3grin2orange:

I buy whatever oil the Stihl dealer has on the shelf which is always the STIHL ORANGE bottle. I'm a lemming. :clap:

Back