What kind of wood is this (good for my fireplace and/or cooking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And some elm, all good for burning. I'd cook over any of them, if I had to. The red oak if I had my choice. But mostly fireplace wood

What is the general thinking on using wood for a fireplace that seems to have died from diseases or infested wood (insects). I think this is the case with the wood I have.

you should be ok burning that in you fireplace Charles. if you are worried about bugs don't bring much in the house at a time before you burn it. and welcome to AS. lots of good people here and tons of info if you burn wood.

you should be ok burning that in you fireplace Charles. if you are worried about bugs don't bring much in the house at a time before you burn it. and welcome to AS. lots of good people here and tons of info if you burn wood.

Thanks for the advice. What a nice forum with helpful people. :yes:

Hi Charles!
Curb wood is usually from people cutting a tree, keeping the wood thinking they will use it, then they don't and eventually put it out at the curb[or on CL,haha]. Burn the more decayed pieces right away, the clear, solid wood you can stack[off the ground] and save for another year. Summit is nice, I was born and grew up there! JinNJ

Red oak and hard sugar maple . Two of the best there is . Burn it !

Back