What kinda spikes for pruning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky288XP said:
I believe a few successful people told me to pursue what I love to do, and the money will follow.

The money won't be guaranteed, but if you love what you do, then you're happy for those 40 to 60 hours a week while your at work. I chose tree work as a career, and I really enjoy my job. I'm not a wealthy man, but I have a nice home, newer vehicles, and support my family comfortably.
I feel sorry for guys who are in it for the money, because there's not much money in it. Plus, they spend their days doing work that doesn't make them happy. I can't imagine dreading going to work, hating it all day, and only have a little money to show for it. I've had jobs like that, it sucks!

A very wise person shared an understanding with me quite a while ago. What ever drives a person or makes them complete, will never be attained. If fame is yhour drive, you will never be famous enough, if money is your drive, there will never be enough money in the world to satisfy you. The carrot on the stick is as addictive as heroin. Make your peace with the addiction and then get on with life.

Money needs to be made but there is such a thing as "just enough" Same as any drive. When more is necessary the drive can become a disfunction.

Tom Dunlap said:
A very wise person shared an understanding with me quite a while ago. What ever drives a person or makes them complete, will never be attained. If fame is yhour drive, you will never be famous enough, if money is your drive, there will never be enough money in the world to satisfy you. The carrot on the stick is as addictive as heroin. Make your peace with the addiction and then get on with life.

Money needs to be made but there is such a thing as "just enough" Same as any drive. When more is necessary the drive can become a disfunction.

tom

i have a spin for you...........what if my drive is to be happy? is there no point in chasing happiness since i will never be happy enough?:D

I am in the tree business to make money. The fact that I also like the work is secondary. I need to make money to support my family comfortably and save up enough for retirement. Anyone who is in it purely for the love of trees, I would be happy to hire you, give you loads of tree work and be happy to pay you a subsistance wage. You will be able to buy basic food, shelter and clothing, but nothing fancy....but hey, you are in it for the love of trees, not to make money.

Koa Man said:
I am in the tree business to make money. The fact that I also like the work is secondary. I need to make money to support my family comfortably and save up enough for retirement. Anyone who is in it purely for the love of trees, I would be happy to hire you, .
Glad that works for you, Wesley. I got into it and stay in it because it's where I fit in the universe. I think arboriculture is my best shot at leaving this place better than I found it; the clean-up motto works in the big picture too.

That's why I'm in the tree biz. The benefits like the money that supports the fam flow from the fact that it's what I am supposed to be doing. This is proven by the immense pleasure that flows from seeing trees grow healthy and strong thanks in part to my care. Second-best feeling in the world.:blob2:

Latest posts

Back