What knot you use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running bowline and if im still in the tree while tying it i advance the knot around to the opposite direction its being pulled and run it over the top of the spar so when i pull it over it doesnt get pounded in to the ground!

I think so......and some of the answers are 101.

Well then move it, but make damn sure you move all the other 101 threads then too. Should probably move the what you do today thread to the off topic forum, because thats where it should be alot of the time.

Calm down "Jared". :laugh:

At least you spelled it right.

This thread has as much right to be here as does the brush landing pad, intellectial property theif, new guy here, home and garden threads.

All the above listed threads could go into other forum headings too.

When I started this thread, I wanted to know what the other pros use, not the 101 guys.

At least you spelled it right.

This thread has as much right to be here as does the brush landing pad, intellectial property theif, new guy here, home and garden threads.

All the above listed threads could go into other forum headings too.

When I started this thread, I wanted to know what the other pros use, not the 101 guys.

Okay. I just assumed everyone used a bowline, and that was basic 101 stuff. No biggie. Maybe you've just spent too much time riding around on the Steiner tossin' lawn pellets. Just saying.

Okay. I just assumed everyone used a bowline, and that was basic 101 stuff. No biggie. Maybe you've just spent too much time riding around on the Steiner tossin' lawn pellets. Just saying.

That is what I use, but some dont, which is why I asked.

Maybe, I think the fertilizer is getting to me. My finger nails are growing so fast now too. hmm. You wanna come give the stiener a burn around the yard? You know you want to. :hmm3grin2orange:

Running bowline and if im still in the tree while tying it i advance the knot around to the opposite direction its being pulled and run it over the top of the spar so when i pull it over it doesnt get pounded in to the ground!

CJ man come on please follow along with the thread. We are no longer talking about pull line attachment knots, we have moved on to a whole other topic, or topics. I am just not sure what that is.

CJ is doing fine. At least he is thinking ahead and making sense. I often do the same. I like for my knot to be set on the rear right or real left (and preferably over a crotch or limb to catch it) so it doesn't get pounded in the ground and is easy to pull and pick.

Tree work is a lot like shooting pool, you have to think 3 moves ahead. When it becomes a 12 or more steps ahead game, then it becomes more like chess. ;)

CJ is doing fine. At least he is thinking ahead and making sense. I often do the same. I like for my knot to be set on the rear right or real left (and preferably over a crotch or limb to catch it) so it doesn't get pounded in the ground and is easy to pull and pick.

Tree work is a lot like shooting pool, you have to think 3 moves ahead. When it becomes a 12 or more steps ahead game, then it becomes more like chess. ;)

Yeah man I was just being sarcastic about the thread being derailed. Thinking ahead is key you got that right. I have cut myself in to a corner once or twice... I try and map all my cuts out now though it can be fluid and change as you go you have to stay ahead of the game.

CJ man come on please follow along with the thread. We are no longer talking about pull line attachment knots, we have moved on to a whole other topic, or topics. I am just not sure what that is.

My bad guess i thought we could stay on topic for 5 seconds what was i thinking?:D

Im kinda over the knot thing

Years ago I watched a head cam video of a English guy wreck a large canopy tree using a steel carabiner and I was sold. So If I'm in the tree, Beaner with a half hitch. From the ground I fly up the running bowline. Pulling trees I throw the rope through a high crotch(if able to) and tie the knot a couple of feet above the cut.:msp_thumbup: If the wood is REAL REAL big I give it the dog knot.:laugh:

12 step tree removal program? Sounds familiar, I'm not sure why:eek:uttahere2:

Latest posts

Back