What lathe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clausings are a class act!

I wasnt sure what you thought about them. It seems like a decent machine. I know some of the newer stuff is a little cheaper, but Ive had good luck with them. I probably wont use it a ton, but will end up cutting some cylinder bases down right off the bat more than likely.

It is supposed to have a 3 jaw, but he said that he had a 4 and would throw it in. I wouldnt mind having it downstairs but dont want to move it! Makes me wish I had a walkout basement.

I wasnt sure what you thought about them. It seems like a decent machine. I know some of the newer stuff is a little cheaper, but Ive had good luck with them. I probably wont use it a ton, but will end up cutting some cylinder bases down right off the bat more than likely.

It is supposed to have a 3 jaw, but he said that he had a 4 and would throw it in. I wouldnt mind having it downstairs but dont want to move it! Makes me wish I had a walkout basement.

Pictures? An old round head?

Last edited:
Can someone point me in the right direction for the tool holders I need? I've read where 1/2" holders sometimes can't go low enough to center on my lathe, so perhaps I should go with 3/8"?

shars.com

I dont know if anyone else here has delt with shars, but I had good luck with them. I dont know why 3/8 wouldnt suit you.

To move it, either riggers or mount to base, support under stairs, windlass to deadman.

When in doubt........PRO riggers. Things can go SO wrong SO fast!!

Pictures?

No I dont. Ive seen it a few times, a not so close bud of mine has it. Very nice guy, I know he has taken care of it. He also has a smaller Logan, but dont know if it is for sale or not. Both seem to be in decent shape. He takes on some wide work from time to time, but I dont think either one see a lot of use.

Indicating is a BIOCH!!!!! A lot of walking....

LOL!! Yep. I used to set up a part with an 8' OD and a 9" ID that I had to bore a taper in. I would walk backward on the table as I watched the clocks. I would move the chuck jaws by stepping on a lever while I watched the dials. 4 jaws and 4 jacks under the casting. Fun.

bet I could make a day outta that....

Going too fast and BAD things happen. Just turning a piece over. 11,500 lb and one sling slipped. NOTHING in the way.......we were lucky.

But Kool as the devil watching it swing!!! A LOT of deer in the headlights looks.

YOU understand. I saw the "like" on the 0-6' mic set. LOL

But big? Not really. Just saw a guy getting a bid for a 300" Blanchard style grinder.

LOL!! Yep. I used to set up a part with an 8' OD and a 9" ID that I had to bore a taper in. I would walk backward on the table as I watched the clocks. I would move the chuck jaws by stepping on a lever while I watched the dials. 4 jaws and 4 jacks under the casting. Fun.

Or jog and walk on the chuck as it slowly turns watching the indicator. 1" impacts to tie it down.

Or jog and walk on the chuck as it slowly turns watching the indicator. 1" impacts to tie it down.

At first it was strange, but after a while it became so normal to walk backwards on the chuck as it turned. Even remembering to step over the jaws as they pass under you. I never imagined I would be doing setups like that when I was was chucking 1" parts in tech school.

Latest posts

Back