What lathe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tzed250

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite
I canceled the work shift when I put a new tool in, forgot to put it back in. Hit cycle start. Turret moved to Z0.0 and then came straight down in X onto the chuck at 100% rapid. Sheared the 6 10mm SHCS that secured the turret disk to the turret. Scared the #### out of me.

Nothing like an epic crash. Watching a new $750 carbide boring bar get blasted to bits is most impressive. It happens. It's part of the deal.

I know about the red glow Andy spoke of all to well...

FATGUY

FATGUY

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nothing like an epic crash. Watching a new $750 carbide boring bar get blasted to bits is most impressive. It happens. It's part of the deal.

I know about the red glow Andy spoke of all to well

would that be like the one where the coolant hose came off an inserted, coolant-through 1.25" drill while it was plowing through 303 ss at 0.0075 IPR?

dozerdan

dozerdan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok, since Brad is MIA, I guess I'll have to post something. Here is my milling attachment all finished up.

IMG_0592 by parrisw, on Flickr

IMG_0591 by parrisw, on Flickr

Quick test, chucked up some round stock and milled a flat. Seems to work well, and hold the piece much better then before.

IMG_0593 by parrisw, on Flickr

Looks good Will.

I guess I keep my JB Weld at the wrong place in my shop. I will try my chip pan, that way I can find it. LOL

Brad is busy playing with the new chisels I sent him.

Later
Dan

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
Great job Will! That is one good looking mill setup

Looks good Will.

I guess I keep my JB Weld at the wrong place in my shop. I will try my chip pan, that way I can find it. LOL

Brad is busy playing with the new chisels I sent him.

Later
Dan

Thanks guys. Took me much longer then I would of thought. But nobody said it was ever fast machining anything, especially on a light duty setup. Now what to make next!

Latest posts