What makes the ms361 so great?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a 440 last week for $625.00, I can't hardly justify $600.00 for a 361

$Six and a quarter for a >>>new<<< 440? That is an excellent price. I paid a smidge under $800 for a 440R last month. I paid about $500 for my 361. But that was 2 price hikes ago... and I got a free case with it. Its a Husky case though, so I suppose I will have to take that to the DUMP in this endless Husky-Stihl war.

I saw a 440 last week for $625.00, I can't hardly justify $600.00 for a 361

Holy crap, $625 for a new 440! Where? IIRC you are in Stanly County, or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

Thanks

On second thought, maybe I should thank you if you don't tell me where. :dizzy:

Last edited:
Holy crap, $625 for a new 440! Where? IIRC you are in Stanly County, or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

Thanks

On second thought, maybe I should thank you if you don't tell me where. :dizzy:

I'm in pitt county the saw was in wayne county, it was new pho, I made myself leave before I asked him if he stihl had the box (I don't need to want another 440) I really want a smaller saw 260, 026, maybe even a hibred or 361.

Later,

I'm in pitt county the saw was in wayne county, it was new pho, I made myself leave before I asked him if he stihl had the box (I don't need to want another 440) I really want a smaller saw 260, 026, maybe even a hibred or 361.

Later,

Whew, boy, that was a close call. I don't need to want another 440 either, but we know how that blasted CSD can go.

Luckily for me Wayne Co is way out of my range this go around. If he'd have said Troy or Albemarle, I'da been done.

PHO, that is still a deal... I was going to get mine PHO for like $650 + tax, (last November) but ended up taking the 20" it was wearing, for like $720 +.

Last edited:
Yah, more like a Husky but w/o the cheap flimsy plastic mismatched handle and outboard clutches... :clap: :clap: :clap:

The 371, 575 and 385-series saws have inboard clutches......:clap: :clap:

.....but the inboard one on the 361 is one of the reasons it is preferable to the 357xp.....

Last edited:
i agree about the 361 handle. its unjustified in a $600 saw. if the saw had another .5 HP it would start to impress me.

infact i got a new 60cc saw for $200 that just might give it a beatdown!

:popcorn:

Mine has a metal handlebar.....:clap: :clap:

The 361 is the missing Husky in the 60cc class.

Last edited:
yes--it was only 5 below this morning but did get up to 35 this afternoon. almost time to take off the longjohns

i agree about the 361 handle. its unjustified in a $600 saw. if the saw had another .5 HP it would start to impress me.

Another 0.5hp? easy - a muffler mod.

Handle? never seen a broken 361 "plastic" handle yet... In fact, they are tougher then the metal as the bend, but don't stay bent, and don't crack.

If you're really concerned,,, the 361 wrap is metal...

Another 0.5hp? easy - a muffler mod.

Handle? never seen a broken 361 "plastic" handle yet... In fact, they are tougher then the metal as the bend, but don't stay bent, and don't crack.

If you're really concerned,,, the 361 wrap is metal...

He's not concerned, he's a Wanabe.........lol

Back