What mounts like a SOLO 694 to Alpine Magnum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So, when I call the manufacturer of my portable stumper that is powered by a SOLO 694 and ask them about what other motors would fit I tend to get the "We stock a replacement" or "we sell a stihl adapter for $$$$" but what I really am curious about is if I can pick up other used chainsaw or concrete saw heads to keep around for an emergency spare. The head just mounts onto the studs of the engine, and then a belt pulley goes on in place of the sprocket. (That may be another issue to find if SOLO is a specific spline)

So, does anyone here know what else mounts like a big SOLO? I have heard that the big Dolmars "Might" be, along with the Makita etc.. but I am honestly in the dark here and don't really speak saw that well.

The reason I ask is I am seeing some larger displacement heads for sale used but I don't know what to consider.

Looks like it uses the standard large Husky D009 which you will also find on the big Dolmars as well as quite a few others as well.
As for a belt pulley clutch drum, I'm thinking cut off saw parts.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.... I did some looking around last night and from what I can tell cut off saws use a flat belt. I did see the Stihl might use a belt that is not really flat, I need to see whats up with that. I guess I need to see what shares the same sprocket as the Solo, since that is the other half of the requirement to re-power this thing.

Back