what oil do you use in your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what 2 cylle oil do you use?

• huskqvarna

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • stihl

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • echo

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • amsoil

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • other

Votes: 41 31.8%

• Total voters
Never seen a thread on which oil really screwed up or seized the engine.
I keep on waiting on the day when someone finds the right mix of mosquito repellent to oil to gas that really smokes em out!
Oh well, guess I'll stop holding my breath & just go on to bed.
Steve W.

Quicksilver PWC 2-Stroke Oil
Recommended by the Mercury dealer for my 9.8 outboard, sno twister air cooled, Suki PE250 air cooled, 115 oil injected outboard. and a stil saw several years ago.
Works fine for me mixed properly. I did use to love the smell of Klotz when every one was running it.

:D Al

....For what it is worth, most people here use great oils, that is not the problem, the fuel is. Get your testors from Baileys. Check your fuels.

That is it in a nutshell. Clean, fresh, ethanol-free gas is the ticket. I run the high-zoot oils mostly because they always treated me right back when I was racing 2-stroke dirt bikes and quads. I do prefer synthetics, and anything with Castor smells awesome.:agree2:

You know whats funny is the different brands of gas here. I just retired from a refinery so i know a little of what goes on. Take for example my little town. It has like 10 different brands of gas stations. Guess what they all use the gas i made they just add their little "packet" to the tanker and fill up with "our" gas and take it to "their" stations. Its like that everywhere where there is a refinery. Some brands cost too much to ship so they use the local refinery and change the name on the product. So that high dollar Shell, BP, Sunoco or any other brand prob came from "our" one tank. Just thought i would pass it on...Bob

I've heard that before from a fellow that worked at a refinery back in the '80s. The little "packet" of "proprietary" (bs) additives are much less important than the ethanol (and water content), cleanliness, and freshness.

I put gas in the gas tank and oil in the oil tank... Works for me... but my saws run hot though...:help:

Gary

Hey.......Gary's here! You feeling OK my friend? I think you need a beer.......or maybe something stronger...:givebeer:

Stihl or Shindaiwa One....40/1, no ethanol and a couple of capfuls of seafoam.:cheers:

I use Citgo PWC oil. I don't give a damn if Hugo Chavez makes 2 cents each time I buy another gallon. A whole lot of American citizens involved in distribution make money too.

Nobody is saying anything about Ahab the A-rab making anything...

Most if not all PWC oil is really an air-cooled oil, but if the added Sta-Bil thing is imprtant to you, none of them have any. AlleyOOper can run Quicksilver without fear:

http://wwwarchive.mercurymarine.com/uploads/1653/1739/140-3600Q-16pt_2.pdf.

Around here the stuff is a lot more money than the Citgo I buy.

anybody here ever use Solo brand oil ? I had a case of it sitting around and been using it for a year or so with no problems at 50:1 and now 40:1. I don't know who makes it for them and haven't seen it in any saw shops. I think I ordered it when I bought a Solo mistblower a good while back.

You know whats funny is the different brands of gas here. I just retired from a refinery so i know a little of what goes on. Take for example my little town. It has like 10 different brands of gas stations. Guess what they all use the gas i made they just add their little "packet" to the tanker and fill up with "our" gas and take it to "their" stations. Its like that everywhere where there is a refinery. Some brands cost too much to ship so they use the local refinery and change the name on the product. So that high dollar Shell, BP, Sunoco or any other brand prob came from "our" one tank. Just thought i would pass it on...Bob

Yep, true story. I used to deliver bulk fuels, and the "packet" made the brand regardless of who refined it.

Back