What saw did you start out with??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craftsman top-handle (Poulan?)… don’t remember the color for sure (maybe red?), but I remember it had a manual chain oiler plunger you pushed with your thumb. Real early 70’s anyway, I was 13… maybe 14 at the time. Dad and I would go cut wood for the fireplace; it was dads saw… he handed it to me when he got himself a bigger McCulloch (and eventually that ended up as mine also). That little Craftsman got “straight gassed” a couple years or so later (no, not me) and I traded it at a hardware store for a used Poulan that looked a lot like it, but lighter and with an automatic oiler.

My dads Homelite zip (which I still have and use when I need my ears opened up). And a old craftsman turbo that was still running when I gave it to my brother in law.:rock:

dad handed me his

036 pro. It was about ten years ago so i must have been 13. I now have a 048 and recently received a 046 mag all torn apart in a box. I spent about 100 bucks in parts including the new clutch, handle, piston and gaskets it runs pretty good. that 036 looks kinda tiny next to my 046.. I would like to do some mods to it but keep it kind of tame and reliable.

Back