What Saw do I need to cut this Huge Oak Tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. That's a great plan. A 661 AND 881 just in case!!

You know guys, it’s time to turn the tables on the wives... buy the damn saw you want/need, and tell your wife she’s cut off if she starts in on ya!.. It’s not like you’ve gone behind her back a bought a two hundred thousand dollar Maserati
exactly lol. then it will get to a point that your wife will be like mine, and everytime she sees a saw on bookface or youtube, she will look at me and ask if she has that model of saw🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

they made a lot of money off of this vidja. it is up over 18m views
Just had this thought that I found really funny with this video. She pulls out every typical homeowner saw that most here would pass right over till the get to the 880. Can't say that dies a lot for their credibility imo.

There's a whole Lotta wrongs in that video...but it ain't for us...it's for creeps who like to stare at other guys wives and such...
I suggest he gets the cute wife to show us all how to "tune" a saw half dressed next...
So are you saying a man that looks at an attractive woman is a creep?

Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife...... well broke that one

I don’t see what all the hype is about. Who doesn’t wear yoga pants and flex their ass toward the camera when they’re cutting?
Well I can put on some yoga pants, flex my non existent ass (boss chewed that off some 30 years ago), grab a 090 and post a video. Yeah well ...............on second thought that video would make a good man puke.

I have watched many of their videos.....not sure why
lol. her FIL likes filming her too. the way he looks at her makes me think, if his son got killed in the line of duty, he would gladly step in🙄. but they figured out the YouTube algorithm. and she wears those yoda pants so the women know how comfortable they are to wear. 🙄

Great help :)
Yup, about as much as half of the thread.

I've worked on trails with masters of crosscuts. It's very interesting--there are a few specialized tools. I had never heard of an underbuck tool, but there is such a thing and I got to use it.

The first thing one does, after sizing up the tree, is to remove the bark where you will be cutting, and one guy had an old spud that he found in an antinque store on the east coast. Old tools still get used.

You can use an axe for the underbuck tool, but the same guy that had the spud had built one using aircraft metals to make it light weight. When you do trail work, you pack in so want tool that are as lightweight as possible.

They ground down plastic wedges as the kerf on a crosscut is narrower than a chain kerf.

Note the cut mentioned in the handout about not matching top and bottom cut so the log doesn't knock the saw out of your hands and squish the saw. It might come in handy on the tree shown in the picture.

It's all quite fascinating, although I found myself thinking how much faster a chainsaw is.

I always make a wedge cut about 3 feet up from the root ball on the top side of the log going down about 3/4 of the diameter.

Then I start at the top and work down. If the tree wants to start and stand up, it will start to collapse in on itself at the wedge and release the energy without the whip effect.

I whish I had trees that size here. There is a guy selling a Stihl 075 here that would eat that thing up.

Latest posts

Back