What Saw Do You Climb With

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlIT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
this may already be a thread if so then sry,I climb with an 017 and the 310 but its a little heavy.

Much like Tom, I always have my Silky Zubat attached to my shin. On larger scale jobs, I also carry a Stihl MS200 with a 14" bar. On really large take-downs, I sometimes rig-in and use a MS460 Magnum, but this isn't the easiest on the lower back!

Silky Zubat, and an MS200 w/ 16" bar. If need be, the 044 comes up for blocking down wood.

everyone on my crew climbs with husky 346xp 's and silky ... we stoped using the one handers a long time ago .... imo a over the top handle one handed saw is a good way to get cut ... my guys are addicted to the 346 xp power now anyway dark

How is the silky i've been thinking about buying one but didnt know how a hand saw would work out

ms 200 or 346xp........then it all depends..357---372---395 what ever gets me feet back on terra firma the fastest.

silky is nice but .........4 speed .......use a big hand saw 16 inch at least with the cutting on the pulling action ... we can pull more than we can push IMO

Hey lumberjack, my ms200t mows through the wood after doing that muffler mod and getting the re-tune! Cheers :cool:

Latest posts

Back