What saws should I keep?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.hiles

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So recently came into a lot of saws and figuring out what I should keep to have a good line up. I currently have an 021, ms250, 026, 028 Super, Two ms361, ms200t and a 066 but that one I just gave to my father. Although I’ll have access if I need it. Told him I have first right of refusal .

You came into a good line up and if you are a saw man maybe for except the 021 keep them all. If the 021 is in good shape keep it.
Well who doesn’t want to keep them all? Haha I need to sell a couple for some bills. The ms250 and 021 basically weigh the same so I was thinking the of selling the 021. Also the ms200t since I see what those are going for and I really don’t climb.
I was really want to cut it down to about 3-4 saws total.

Sell 021, 026, one MS361, and the MS200T ?

Definitely keep the 028 Super!

Sell 021, 026, one MS361, and the MS200T ?

Definitely keep the 028 Super!
That’s the one I’m attached to most, it’s the the first Stihl I bought a couple years back and it’s in great condition. I wasn’t sure if the 021s were worth much. I think that’s what I may do. Or swap the ms250 for the 026. Been reading and that looks to be a good all around saw. Doesn’t weight to much more than the ms250

Welcome to the internet. I was just basing my suggestion on having a wide variety of saw sizes/weights in the tool shed (so you can range a wide variety of cutting jobs as necessary - "cover the bases"), and some more historical saws like the 028 Super. That is "the ones they don't make anymore". Since he said his dad was getting the 066, it'll still be available.

It is interesting that you "helpers" know nothing about the experience, wood type, saw demands or usage of this mans saws, but are able to recommend what he keep.
Opinion based forum... Just people's opinions...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

In 2008 I received a stimulus check from the Feds for $600. I added another $100 to that check and bought a Stihl MS 361. If I had to do it over again, that's the saw I would buy and that's one that I would hang onto today along with a Stihl 026 PRO and my Husky 353. But then, it's nice to know that my monster Stihl MS 660 awaits the call of duty and never complains.

Latest posts

Back