What should the next Build Off Saw be???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buildoff

How about a saw that will not send anyone to the poor farm?
I nominate the most popular Husqvarna 455-460.
Their are literally hundreds of them out their and the prices are most reasonable.
It could be a challenge to modify this saw with it's engine design.
Why not give it a go?Ken

lets just do a 4 cube stock appearing build on gas whatever brand you want no 2 piece heads since everybody cant do one.

How about a saw that will not send anyone to the poor farm?
I nominate the most popular Husqvarna 455-460.
Their are literally hundreds of them out their and the prices are most reasonable.
It could be a challenge to modify this saw with it's engine design.
Why not give it a go?Ken

i 2nd that

I propose a stihl 028 Buildoff. There common, parts are everywhere. Could be any bore, super or wb. There fairly modern, and folks used to hop em up all the time. Lots of potential....

Be a break from the norm anyhow....

Best idea I've heard so far Jeremy... That and I have 2 of those at my disposal...
Just sayin...
And stuff...

395 would be cool Randy, that hasn't been done yet.

I don't think 088/880-3120 would be a good idea, not many people can afford one of those to build.

I'd be into doing a 395 for the build, I'd do one for someone, or If I find a cylinder I have one I could build.

I vote for the stihl ms 362. Two reasons why are because with all the changes in emissions, etc. all these builders may wanna discover new ways to tweak these strato engines. The other reason is because ALMOST everybody has a use for one and would all be starting with the same blank slate.:msp_tongue:

This get's my vote I to would like to see just what a 362 can be made to do.I ported mine and it really brought it to life but i left a lot of room for more in mine.

395 would be nice. I could probably supply someone with a 395. I say nay on the 028 though. There's no need
to go backwards here. That's like showing up to a modern BMX race with your banana-seat Schwinn.

Im biased here but an 038 build would be cool i haven't seen any ported on here except metal406's (I can ship one to someone if they need a doner)

I think I could talk my wife into getting me a 7900 with the help of some of you fine folk here. She doesnt think I "need" one. Now how am I supposed to go cut wood with just my old 064,440,460,020,290,041,075,346,272,2101 and others. I DO "need" a fully ported/modiffied 7900 if I am expected to get the wood to heat the house and keep her all warm and snuggly.

Let's just have a GTG where we don't bring any saws and all we do is eat, camp, and hang out.....

Hell thats the ticket right there. But break out the skeet again. I got a full box on top the fridge that need to be shot.

7900 sounds awesome to me. I'd even buy one and try to port it myself. :msp_thumbup:

395 would be cool too. So I vote 395/7900 either/or/both.

Back