What should the next Build Off Saw be???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude can run a saw can't he??? I took a few notes...

It didn't matter what saw was handed to him. He could cut significant time off it's owner's time. Amazing! Not only were his transfers perfect (every time!), but he instantly had the saw in it's sweet spot, and it never changed all the way through both cuts. That takes talent and LOTS of practice.

It didn't matter what saw was handed to him. He could cut significant time off it's owner's time. Amazing! Not only were his transfers perfect (every time!), but he instantly had the saw in it's sweet spot, and it never changed all the way through both cuts. That takes talent and LOTS of practice.

Who is Nate? I know of Metals406 and Madhatte...

I think I could talk my wife into getting me a 7900 with the help of some of you fine folk here. She doesnt think I "need" one. Now how am I supposed to go cut wood with just my old 064,440,460,020,290,041,075,346,272,2101 and others. I DO "need" a fully ported/modiffied 7900 if I am expected to get the wood to heat the house and keep her all warm and snuggly.

You don't need one.........SHE does. Now that she is on the board make that saw her welcoming gift.:rock:

I vote 7900 purely for selfish reasons.....it gives me an excuse to have mine modded:msp_thumbsup:

Shea

early 044 10mm would be a cool build ,i havent seen any of those hopped up in the forums yet

early 044 10mm would be a cool build ,i havent seen any of those hopped up in the forums yet

They don't last very long as a hopped up saw due to the tiny big end rod bearing. That's why Stihl completely
redesigned them and converted to the 12mm wrist pin saw. The 10mm wrist pin saws actually run pretty good
stock. About the only thing that really benefits the 10mm wrist pin saws is to lighten the piston some.

They don't last very long as a hopped up saw due to the tiny big end rod bearing. That's why Stihl completely
redesigned them and converted to the 12mm wrist pin saw. The 10mm wrist pin saws actually run pretty good
stock. About the only thing that really benefits the 10mm wrist pin saws is to lighten the piston some.

hmm if its a build off challenge ,the challenge would be make one that wouldnt self destruct then:msp_thumbsup:

hmm if its a build off challenge ,the challenge would be make one that wouldnt self destruct then:msp_thumbsup:

I don't see how it would be worth it. Ring locating pins and skirts on the 10mm wrist pin piston keeps intake and exhaust port widths narrow.
The saws have a relatively large mixing area to begin with and pretty much ideal blow-down time from the factory.

After being modded, the saws wouldn't offer their owners much service life.

Latest posts

Back