What to do with a Jonsered 2040 Turbo??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused:Well got that wrong didn't I!!!

Randy, have you done many partner 500's by any chance??? I've got one to rebuild and was thinking about giving it the treatment, what are your ideas??? It's an open port cylinder

:( Well balls! But, that defiantly settles it. It's getting ported :). I'll take it slowly and change the port timing in 2 degree increments and retest. I think I'll be picking your brain a little on some theory though, if that's ok?

I agree brush ape. I'm trying to get my filling angles more constant and trying to get better at snatching the taker hight to the saws power. I just bought a grinder to so I've got lots of experimenting to do.....

I start with .020 from the key.......which is about 1/4" at the outside edge of the flywheel.
These have a 3.5" flywheel, so 1/4" at the edge = 8.1deg. I don't remember what the Poulan 2775 has, but I think it is between 3 and 6deg.
Thanks for the replies fellas. Randy, I'll put the timing back to stock with a new key and then advance it slowly till I find the sweet spot. Would you recommend doing it say 5 degrees at a time and then test or what??? From memory it was just under half the key but, I'd have to double check.
Thank s for pointing this out as the saw seems to my untrained ear to tune out fine out of the wood and then has that small little miss every now and again in the cut, which I assumed was just slight four stoke from a richer than optimum tune.
Does your 2040 have an actual separate key? The ones I've played with from this series all had a tab cast in the aluminum flywheel.

Latest posts

Back