What to keep?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeggs

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0039.JPG IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0044.JPG I bought these two saws at an auction last week and I'm looking for input from people that know more than I do about saws. The 266se is from 1984 I believe and the 670 super is 1988 model. I like both, but the 670 is in better shape or so it seems and I have a 2159 that it would pair good with but it seems like the 266 runs faster. I have not done anything at all to either. Which should I keep? I know it's not much info but I guess I'm just looking for reinforcement on my decision. Oh btw I also have a husqvarna 350 I use also.

He's looking better, got it cleaned up ALOT. Put sea foam in the exhaust port numerous times to clean out the caked buildup and cleaned the caked up oil build up everywhere else (I think the owner used motor oil for bar oil? cause oil buildup was everywhere in the saw). Cleaned all the covers and looked inside the cylinder from exhaust and spark plug hole, cylinder looks perfect except right in front of exhaust port so I think I won't replace anything except fuel line and filter and impulse line. Am I wrong? Any thoughts otherwise? If I rebuild is there an option to jump up a size in cc's or any room for performance improvement? Thanks for any input as I'm a novice but do appreciate saws and older saws at that and enjoy running them.IMG_0056.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0058.JPGIMG_0059.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0061.JPGIMG_0062.JPG

Latest posts

Back