What to keep?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky 272 top end will bump it up.

I find that my 670 runs plenty strong as is with a muffler mod though.

Porting.... always room for more power.

That 670 is always a saw I can rely on.

Husky 272 top end will bump it up.

I find that my 670 runs plenty strong as is with a muffler mod though.

Porting.... always room for more power.

That 670 is always a saw I can rely on.
I've already taken the screen and deflector off and they won't be goin back on and I will bore the hole bigger on the muffler. It's nice that it's not a cat muffler like on my 2159c.

I've already taken the screen and deflector off and they won't be goin back on and I will bore the hole bigger on the muffler. It's nice that it's not a cat muffler like on my 2159c.

Check direction of exhaust gas before eliminating deflector. That does serve a good purpose.

Check direction of exhaust gas before eliminating deflector. That does serve a good purpose.

Was planning on just making the hole bigger like I did on my husq 350 and Jons2159(after drilling through the cat), basicly enlarging the corner of the muffler. Is there something else I should do?

21A3B41A-79F7-4C54-8548-D8ED5DFF09EF.jpeg
Was planning on just making the hole bigger like I did on my husq 350 and Jons2159(after drilling through the cat), basicly enlarging the corner of the muffler. Is there something else I should do?

Just make sure the exhaust gases are directed away from anything that can melt or burn.

IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0104.JPG Finally got around to taking everything down and look at the piston and cylinder on the 670 super, There's definitely scoring on the piston and cylinder. Not sure what to do now... replace ring and clean up cylinder?, replace piston and ring and cleanup cylinder?, or get a "big bore" 52mm aftermarket cylinder and piston.
I've never done any of this before so I don't know really what I am doing but I'm excited to give it a try.

When you replace the rings be sure to clean the ring grove of all carbon and if it was my saw I would compression test it before I disassembled it and again when I put it back together. Tom

Just an update to this thread. I replaced the piston and ring on the jred 670 super with on from the red barn, rebuilt the carb , new fuel line and filter and impulse line, and a new plug. I also deleted the base gasket and used Hondabond 4 as a gasket. Took the muffler screen off and opened up the hole as much as i thought was needed. Took me about 2mos to make sure i knew what i was doing then after i got everything rounded up to do the job it took about 2 1/2 hours to do the rebuild. Took around 5 pulls to get a burp then the normal 3 pulls and she fired and has been running every day since monday. Compression seems to be getting stronger (150lbs after first startup) the more i run it. Oiler is set on 2 and it pukes out oil like crazy. Planning on a 24in bar or would a 28in be better? Seems to run really strong so far love this saw!
f8775d5c67ec2b3f70e0f24a5f6aef97.jpg

That's a good looking saw. I'd stick with the 24 inch of course it more depends on what you are cutting.

Back