What to Replace my Dolmar 421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some people didn't notice this was a revived thread. Makita sunk Dolmar and the PS421/EA4300F has been discontinued.

I commented to help anyone who has already purchased one and may be experiencing a lack of after-sales support.

I picked up an ex display unit when they were discontinued for AUD350 (~USD250), which is unspeakable value in Australia - see example prices below of aforementioned saws from this post. Over here, people look down on anything that isn't Stihl/Husky and they hand over double the overseas pricing for the privilege of having an orange saw.

I think a Husqvarna 543xp will work well. I have one with no issues.
They don't sell that in Aus, we just get the 445 at RRP AUD985 (~USD725) or the toy rancher 455 at a ripoff RRP AUD1315 (~USD960). For comparison, on the USA site the rancher is USD499!

They never told me what was wrong with mine. It went to Chicago and Georgia , and no fix . They sent me a Chinese Makita for a replacement, which I promptly sold. Replaced it with an Echo 501p. Really nice saw light and fast in the wood .
The Echo here is sold as the 501SX, looks like decent value compared to the Husky offerings at RRP AUD1129 (~USD830), considering it's not clamshell, has a metal handle, etc.

Latest posts

Back