What trees do you dislike removing/pruning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ear pod tree (enterolobium cyclocarpum)unlawful to plant in alot
of counties in fl. , thay cause my eyes to itch sneezeing body itch
hate to remove or trim any palms

I'm not familiar with a lot of the trees mentioned out of my region. Looking them up does me good and it helps me to understand why you detest some of them. Keep them coming.

-monkeypuzzle
is like climbing a sharp pineapple, its a pain to clean up( the branches shed their "monkeytails"just a little too big to manage with a rake) and bucking/chunking the wood is like cutting into a barrell of elmers glue. ( not to mention the wood is HEAVY)
-lombardy poplar
smells like a$$, PITA to remove when dead and tall in somebody's backyard, usually next to wires. heavy, wet wood
-big overgrown pin oaks can be a chore to prune, cut a big branch loose and it doesn't move, then you have to wrestle with it/ dice it up in the canopy to get it free(same story in elms)
-hawthornes
-fruit trees that are overloaded with fruit, and cleanup of the fruit is required.
-previously topped silver maples
etc. etc.

I would gladly climb an Osage Orange before a Monkey Puzzle. There are a few of those in my town, and man, what a PITA to deal with. Haven't had to climb 'em. Probably would refuse to.

Originally posted by Nickrosis
Any experience with that recently? :D :D

And how!! Clearing a lot for a jacka$$. almost 1 1/4 acre clearcut. When I asked him which trees he wanted saved for the yard, the city boy says, "If I want a tree in my yard,I'll plant it":(

Very little diversity on this patch of woods, almost exclusively Hemlock and red oak.

Luckily netree is working with me on the job and keeping me sane. Only good thing about the job is the commute is a little over a mile from the house on my road.

Half-assed homeowner is his own GC and has excavator show up same day as me to start the driveway.:angry: I'll be able to write a manual on how not to clear a lot when this one is done.

Originally posted by Treeman14
Chorisia speciosa

[

That trunk looks almost like what a kapok tree looks like, except the kapok does not have as many thorns. I need to go find an opiuma tree and post a picture of that.

Honey locust seems to get caught in itself often.

Hawthorn can be nasty - almost up there with firethorn for puncture wounds.

Neglected old weeping cherry trees.

London plane due to the dusty particles that agitate sinuses for days.

i usually do not like pruning poplar trees. plus they make bad smelling chips.
because of where mulberry typicaly grows here (in ditches or abandoned fields) and are usually covered in vines id have to say removing these are the least fav. i actually had the ground crew use a vine as a tagline in a mulberry once because it was so wound up in the tree. however taking em out does mean one less vine covered mullberry in the world.

chipping russian tea olive (illiagnis sp.?) is the worst. a cake of thorns!

Good question - I don't know about this Netree guy and that Newfie guy.... Some beef with hemlock, I guess.

yuch

hawthorns (jaggy), holly (jaggy and stinks), poplar (breaks to easily), Horse chestnut (when felled chipping them is like wrestling a team of octopus)...

im sure there are more....

jamie

Wild honey locust the ones that are not var. inermis.
gletri47.jpg

Those things suck big, hairy, slobber encrusted moose lips. I got my throw ball stuck in one once and had to advance a monkeys fist all the way up that thing. Not only do the spines getcha, but the branches are really wirey and they hang up on everything on the way down. Russian olive and cat claw are the same way. I hate those things.

Kenn:angry:

Latest posts

Back