What truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1997 Dodge 2500 4x4 with a Cummins diesel in it. It has a 5 speed manual transmission. It is an extended cab so I can use it for family trips. I will NEVER buy a gas truck again. Empty I get 23 MPG. This thing has tons of power. The engine is all mechanical - no computer control ,no smog tests. It is the best truck I have ever had.

IMG_1394_zps8f0f8338.jpg

I pulled this load of green eucalyptus over a 1500' mountain this afternoon no problem. It is a great truck, but the old Cummins engines are hard to find.

Nice setup. I'm really interested in one of those older Cummins powered Dodges. Do those m101 trailers have surge or electric brakes?

It took me about three years of looking to find my 2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. You will not believe the prices for Tacoma's around here :dizzy:

I bought mine in 2010 for $6,800 cash. It had new Bridgestones & drive belts, loaded & NO rust. It only had 45,000 miles on the clock. Since then I've put 13,000 miles of trouble free driving.

It consistently gets between 23-25 mpg

I have a one ton flat bed I deliver bundled firewood its beat and banged up but has paid for it's self time and time aging thats what I get free wood with I was offered $2500.00 for it I told my wife we just keep it. Just done front end tires transmission major tune up new seats floor rug rebuilt dump bed its a 99 GMC with 454 with 48000 on it the truck has 166000 on it and no rust I am a Ford man thru and thru I keep it hide so the my friends won't laugh at me I live in Ford country.

Ford diesel for 1500 pickups went by the way the 4.5 v-6 power stroke was a 6.0 with 2 cylinders cut off I have a LCF roll back dump 4500 06 with 50.000 miles I have a lot of trouble with it but i love that truck thats the reason international quit making them for ford mine was built just to roll the 12 foot bed back and pull 12 foot loags up on it and i'm headed home only take my truck and saw no trailer or loader. I back up to big logs use the bed to pick one end of the log up put a chunk under the log put the bed back down then pull the log on the bed or the bed under the log last log I loaded was 5 and 1/2 ton Ash I love that truck save me work work work the truck is great great its just that 4.5 power stroke I"ve even moved it up to a 6.4 still problems.

It took me about three years of looking to find my 2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. You will not believe the prices for Tacoma's around here :dizzy:

I bought mine in 2010 for $6,800 cash. It had new Bridgestones & drive belts, loaded & NO rust. It only had 45,000 miles on the clock. Since then I've put 13,000 miles of trouble free driving.

High around here, too

http://nwga.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=Tacoma

Most of them anyway

I had 2 of those older GMC/Chevy trucks. A green 2001 Chevy z71, and a white 2001 GMC 2wd. My wife had a 04 Yukon. The trucks had the 5.3 and the Yukon had that smaller v-8. We did t have any trouble out of any of them. Bonehead move, wife talked me into trading the Yukon for a car back in 09. Sold the white truck when it was almost payed off, and traded the payed for chevy for a dodge! Really miss all these and wish we had them all back! They would have piles of miles, but they were payed for! Both trucks hauled there fair share of some firewood. I hope when the dodge is payed off in a few years I'm gonna see if I can find another old chevy myself...then I think about all my projects...got too many tractors to fix, want a new saw, or two...

Thanks

Heck of a deal right there!!!

Latest posts

Back