What type of firewood do you cut??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right now in the pile i have.............

`white birch
red oak
white oak
locust
cherry
beech
walnut
ash
maple

my favorite to burn is oak and cherry.i really like apple but i don't have any at the time.everytime i get to cut one down,it's covered in poison ivy.

good to hear.

I mainly cut ash. There is a ton of it around here standing dead, so that is what I focus on. Can't see cutting down a live oak when there are 10 dead ash trees around it. I do get tree companies to drop off oak, maple, hickory and cherry. This winter I will go cut a couple of pig-nose hickory to add to the pile.

nothing wrong with as h for firewood.some guys here only want ash.i like it but i like variety.

oaks are one of my favorite trees.i hate cutting healthy ones down.

nothing wrong with as h for firewood.some guys here only want ash.i like it but i like variety.

oaks are one of my favorite trees.i hate cutting healthy ones down.

Shouldn't you be out cuttin trees down or workin on cars???

I burn whatever is FREE...

I have Maple, oak, ash, cherry, poplar, birch...

Stew

I like ash too...but also like a variety. I am looking forward to throwing in some big pieces of oak at night...hopefully it won't take as much work to get the wood burner going in the morning.
And I only cut free wood too, luckily I can be a little picky since so many ash trees are dying, they are plentiful.

i have been,don't worry.

Shouldn't you be out cuttin trees down or workin on cars???

I burn whatever is FREE...

I have Maple, oak, ash, cherry, poplar, birch...

Stew

by the way,when you coming back? i still have WAAAAAYYYYYYY too much wood.

Dead red oak here. I cut them up the 2nd or 3rd year after the oak blight kills them. When the bark starts falling off. Darn shame, but good firewood. All out behind the house, I don't have to go far.

I burn a lot of mulberry and ash, sometimes hackberry. I have been cutting a lot of locust that will be ready for next year, and I burn burr oak when I can find it dead or free. I will never pay for firewood, there is too many people wanting trees taken out to be paying for it.

Locust

I burn a lot of mulberry and ash, sometimes hackberry. I have been cutting a lot of locust that will be ready for next year, and I burn burr oak when I can find it dead or free. I will never pay for firewood, there is too many people wanting trees taken out to be paying for it.

I'm with ya on the locust. I love that wood. It's a b1tch with the splinters and all though. OMG every time I get a splinter from that stuff I'm digging it out for weeks... :cheers:

I get a lot of ash. LOL

In lower michigan there is a bug going around killing LOTS of nice ash trees. There are thousands of good trees that are just chipped up. I find dead tress to cut all the time.

Wood I usually burn:
ash
oak
elm
maple

Sometimes i get some crappy wood also like cottonwood and boxelder

White oak, pine and almond. My buddy is pulling his apricot orchard so were cutting on that right now. Iv'e never burned apricot, but they say it burns close to almond, I hope so. Almond is my favorite by far :cheers:

Latest posts

Back