What was the first chainsaw you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???..must have used some little saws of the homeowners on various clean up jobs
after the pros had felled trees on their property. As a teen.

In '89 I use the buckermans new 2101xp 42" bar
As we bucked and cleaned 20ft deep of logs and debris down to a distant sound of water. (a logging practice that if no longer acceptable). $150.oo cash a day.
Then he went to a heli show but left me with that saw and I took over his landing job for a week until they brought an old pro in. I did get to work along side him for a few days though. I remember the 988 got me out of quite a few pinches the first three days.

I remember going down to the creek after aprox 5 days off and rain had come and the saw was completely submerged in this now fast running creek. Pulled the plug and filter pulled it over a few times,
Put the plug back in and she fired right up. I have husqvarnas now that don't start that easy......Yeah...you might not want to lend me your saw...lol.

(a logging practice that if no longer acceptable)
...the saw was completely submerged in this now fast running creek.
Yeah...you might not want to lend me your saw...lol.
:laughing:
When my Grandfather would fill the fuel tank on his (or dad's, or my) chainsaw he'd pour until it overflowed.
I asked him once why he did that...
He got a big grin on his face and asked right back, "How else are ya' gonna' warsh 'em off boy?"
Different day 'n' age I reckon.

When my Grandfather would fill the fuel tank on his (or dad's, or my) chainsaw he'd pour until it overflowed.
He got a big grin on his face and asked right back, "How else are ya' gonna' warsh 'em off boy?"

Lol...and my grade three teacher would always say after her silly answer was;
"Ask a silly question..you get a silly answer "
Lol. I must have had a lot of stupid questions because I got one thousand silly answers that year. It was 37 yrs ago and that phrase seems to be my best memory. .lol
He was serious? Haha. Well it does make a great cleaner. Works great with a pump spray and air at the same time.
You can guarantee his generation appreciated and looked after things a lot more than 'us'

That's how we fill our trucks at work (water tank, not fuel couldn't afford that nonsense), can't trust the gauges. All the minerals in the water mess with the sensors.

Lol...and my grade three teacher would always say after her silly answer was;
"Ask a silly question..you get a silly answer "
Lol. I must have had a lot of stupid questions because I got one thousand silly answers that year. It was 37 yrs ago and that phrase seems to be my best memory. .lol
He was serious? Haha. Well it does make a great cleaner. Works great with a pump spray and air at the same time.
You can guarantee his generation appreciated and looked after things a lot more than 'us'
Hey WBF, have you lived in Nanaimo very long? I was born and raised there. Miss my home town some times.....

I was raised 'there' Lantzville Boy.
Grade in NDSS '86. Haven't checked how old you are yet...if you list? I'm based on the lower mainland now. Just got back to day...
Peace

Jamie
Too funny, graduated NDSS in 1986 also.......grew up in the Northfield area. Forest Park grade school, Woodlands and NDSS.
Take care fellow Nanaimoite!!:cheers:

Latest posts

Back