What was your 1st chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine was a used Mini Mac 110, given to me by a co-worker when I first got married and needed a saw to cut wood for our outdoor firepit. It needed a clutch and a tune up, I learned to tune saws with that little 110. I actually used it my first couple years of doing tree removal for topping and limbing, until I just got tired of the junk ass oiler not working right, and it wasnt the best saw as far as air filtration either. But nonetheless, it did it's share of work for me and it was a good little saw.

Mac 10-10, still got it and love it. i stopped running it on a regular basis when i could no longer get parts for it at all, that was before i found this place.

man i love the sound of that old Mac chewing through the wood!

Mac 10-10, still got it and love it. i stopped running it on a regular basis when i could no longer get parts for it at all, that was before i found this place.

man i love the sound of that old Mac chewing through the wood!

Most of the old Macs I've had never needed much except gas and oil..

Kinda boring but my first saw was a MS361. It's been a great saw and is the result of time spent lurking on AS. Managed to go about 5 years with it as my only saw but decided to add a stable mate earlier this year. Rescued and rehabilitated an abused MS211 for use around the house. Doesn't have a lot of grunt but it's a fun saw to play with!

Mine was by fathers Mini-Mac - if I could get it started... Sat for a few (8-10) years with fuel in it.

That was in the mid '70's. Was "upgraded" to the Homelite 450(?) in the late 70's/early 80's when the ole man couldn't hack it...

Both gone to who knows where - he always had them at his house. When I bought my first home, I bought a Sears/Cr@psman $99 "special." Now, too many to list off hand - got some Mac's, some Homies, a Stihl or two, a few Huskies, an Echo or so, and that blasted Cr@psman, but willing to try anything! Yes, I'ma hore!

Isn't admitting your addiction the first step?

Last edited:
ProMac 610. On sale the same week Hurricane Alicia hit here in 82. I got the last one coming down the belt from the warehouse. Still got that saw but it hasn't run in several years because I haven't taken the time to locate parts.

This old Mall that I bought at an auction for $5.00 back in the 1970's. Fellow offered me $10.00 before I left the sale, but I decided to keep it and still have today.

Oldchainsaws005.jpg

Oldchainsaws003.jpg

That think is awesome! I like it!

Mine was a husky 41.......hope I never have to run one that small again! What about the rest of you?

A Sears D-44 Automatic Oiler. I think from either later 60's or early 70's. My husband got it from a friend along with a Lombard Comango; also from the 60's or 70's, for free because they both didn't run. -Michelle

little saw

ms170. Bought it new in the great northwest for some fence clearing. It might seem wimpy to some of you fellers but I have cut lots of wood with it for lots of years. when others use it they say how much they like for its small size. I have also a 290 but you always think more fondly of your first......

When my Dad died back in 99, I wound up with the old Sachs-Dolmar 112. I can actually remember when that saw was new, back in 86, my brother and I hauling endless brush while Dad was cutting. I used it until I found my 028 a few years back. The Dolmar has a special place in my heart, it is a solid, dependable old friend who will always start and run.

first saw

Poulan Micro XXV, new in 1982. Got it at the local lumber yard/hardware in Richmond Kentucky with a case about $125? I still have it and the papers. A bit tough to start, need to put in the new carb kit that I have for it. Still runs great once fired up. original 14"B&C now 16"B&C.

Back