What was your 1st chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John in MA

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
First chainsaw was a Wen Hornet electric. Later, I got a Stihl 032av and a Homelite SXL-925 at a yard sale at the same time. Those were my first gas saws. That's probably about 11 years ago now.

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
This old Mall that I bought at an auction for $5.00 back in the 1970's. Fellow offered me $10.00 before I left the sale, but I decided to keep it and still have today.

Oldchainsaws005.jpg

Oldchainsaws003.jpg

greendohn

greendohn

firewood hack
s.e.indiana, close to the old slow and muddy
A little crappy mac,,it was a "late' model saw, i'd guess late 80's/early 90's model ?? I think it was bought new as a re-manufactured about that time..from a 'Big Lots" store. I was brand new to saws and it did not leave a good impression. One winter of cutting with it and I bought a new Jonsered the following winter which was a little bit bigger.

strad

strad

ArboristSite Lurker
I inherited my family's Mac. It is a pro mac 10-10 automatic with a 16-inch bar. Hasn't been used too much. Unfortunately I don't get a chance to use it around here very much, but at least I took it from non-running to running pretty well lol. Maybe someday I'll live somewhere with trees. That's the hope anyways. Then I can get a bigger saw!

Latest posts