What weather conditions do you work in?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
We work in snow, light rain, heat. If its gonna be real cold or actually rain, we dont work. Some days i wonder if thats right.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I hate the rain

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I don't like to work when it is any colder then -15 F. I'll work in the rain as long as it is not coming down too bad. Obviously no thunder and lightning and wind play a factor if I'm doing a difficult removal.

If I even see green on the radar map, I knock off. Don't work with snow on the ground, not worth it, labor increase eats me alive and I don't like to work just to work.

We don't work in more than 40°c but I've worked in -17°c before, rain just makes us wet

^ I don't hear about other people having a max heat limit but I think its a good idea

I think it really depends on the job and what equipment you have. Otherwise the question is to vague. Deadwooding a large pin oak in the rain? No way if its a climb. Doing some take downs next to the driveway or street with a bucket? Or with a crane or hopefully both I would def work in a light rain. I also pay close attention to not chewing up peoples grass so it just depends.

Back