What would you charge for this tree job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireMan2285

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i went today and looked at this pine tree and i'll let the pictures do the talking.but what i'm consernd about is that it's right next to a wood fence.and has a car right under the tree. but it can be moved though but i'll have to have some help pricing it and he's got a other one next to the road. so i guess the orange cones has to come with us.and i'll make sure my grounds men won't get hurt or ran over.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

yes it is and it looks like it's been setting for a while.but i'm still waiting to call him back to give him a price.

are you planning on climbing or using a bucket? if you can, set up a speed lline and no worries about that fence.
i'd throw on the spikes for around $850 if he didn't want the stump out.

if all else fails..... don't top it, just drop it...

well i didn't want to over price him.but i'll call him back nd tell him 900.00 and thats climbing it and everything exsept the stump removal.but i'm a volunteer fireman but i just do tree service work untill a i get the business built up.but i'll call him back and see if what he will say about it.but i think he is just looking for estimates right now.i'll find out in a few days

Last edited:
Risky situation. $1,000. I've done worse for free when I was young and adventuristic.

i think he is just looking for estimates right now.i'll find out in a few days[/QUOTE]

"tire kickers" as i call them can be very time consuming and an unrealized money pit. after all it costs money for the gas to go quote it and i value my time, as i'm sure you do also, so although the quote is free to them, it is costing you. say you do 50 quotes a year that you don't get, spit ball a figure like $50 dollars is what it costs you in time and gas and that ads up to $2500 a year.
bottom line: SEAL THE DEAL!!:rock:

Risky situation. $1,000. I've done worse for free when I was young and adventuristic.

lol, i still do some crazy freebies now and then for the occasional good looking single lady. it's amazing how quick you get a date when your swinging around 60ft in their tree lopping off branches!!!!

yea i'll try to seal the deal. but i just called him and gave him my estimate and he told me that was to high.he said that is a 300 dollar job for someone with a chainsaw.but i told him that with someone with a chainsaw to cut it for 300 dollars. it might land on his house and they just pack up and leave and never come back. and then it will cost your more money to have it removed from the top of your house.and plus what ever it will cost you to repair your house if you don't get a pro to take it out.so he said he will call me back if he can't find someone else that cheaper then what i quoted it for.

yea i'll try to seal the deal. but i just called him and gave him my estimate and he told me that was to high.he said that is a 300 dollar job for someone with a chainsaw.but i told him that with someone with a chainsaw to cut it for 300 dollars. it might land on his house and they just pack up and leave and never come back. and then it will cost your more money to have it removed from the top of your house.and plus what ever it will cost you to repair your house if you don't get a pro to take it out.so he said he will call me back if he can't find someone else that cheaper then what i quoted it for.

that is sad. with HO's like that, i write them off, if they call back, the price just went up. to insult your time and abilities with an amount like that deserves nothing less!! when he hires some crackhead to come out and the guy puts a new unwanted skylight in his house maybe he will understand the saying of "you get what you pay for" is true...
best of luck to ya!

lol, i still do some crazy freebies now and then for the occasional good looking single lady. it's amazing how quick you get a date when your swinging around 60ft in their tree lopping off branches!!!!

i would do some free work too if i ever get a call from a single young lady.but i have yet to get a call from one to have some tree work done.

that is sad. with HO's like that, i write them off, if they call back, the price just went up. to insult your time and abilities with an amount like that deserves nothing less!! when he hires some crackhead to come out and the guy puts a new unwanted skylight in his house maybe he will understand the saying of "you get what you pay for" is true...
best of luck to ya!

Yeah i know but i tried to make him under stand if he goes the cheap route he will pay more then 300.00 for the job but you know how people are sometimes.they try to get something for nothing

i would do some free work too if i ever get a call from a single young lady.but i have yet to get a call from one to have some tree work done.

i am lucky enough to not live too far from the university of notre dame, so i get the occational call from a pretty lil thang with daddy's money. that doesn't care how much it costs but dad says it's dangerous! free tree = night on the town:msp_thumbup:

LOL i might have to put some more cards and flyers up. i already got ads in the phone book and the papers.so it looks like it time for a website when i get the time to do it.

that tree looks as if it could be flopped. If so, 4 bills and it'd take thirty min. if not a G stack for half the day.... Or the car of course!!

And I hate those price shoppers that make us collectively in the industry spend more on free estimates than the job is worth. Arouynd here the norm was three estimates but nowadays i'm seeing the better side af a half dozen and most won't even take in consideration insurance skill ect....Sad sad day for skilled laborers

LOL i might have to put some more cards and flyers up. i already got ads in the phone book and the papers.so it looks like it time for a website when i get the time to do it.

for the most part i only do logging, i know my buyers and alot of my landowners well so i don't advertise a whole lot. but i have been known to pass out a card or two. i'm only 25 so i tend to hang around at all the college bars on the weekend and have got to be known as "that crazy, tree climbing b*****d". i think you will find positive word of mouth is the cheapest and the best advertising you can get.

LOL i had a few customers call and tell me. that they had one of their freinds tell them that i was the best and the cheapest around town.and i know what i was doing and stuff and i can have a tree done in like 4 hours and be on my way.but i'm just 26 and i started this business with my dad and brothers that help out.and right now it's just hard to do anything with them crackheads out there with a saw and no insurance.doing jobs for a little of nothing and then messing somehting up and then pack up and leave it. for someone else to clean up.and have to charge a lot less then what the whole job would cost if you done it.

well it's good to hear that there is another younger guy with some motivation to do his own thing, all the guys i went to school with are a bunch of slackers. kudoo's to us:cheers:

Back