What would you charge for this tree job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$800 rnd here complete removal no stump. Most of those branches can be slung out from the fence with a strap in the op saw hand with no rigging. Easy peasy. Add a bucket, that's a 2 hour job start to finish. - 200

i am lucky enough to not live too far from the university of notre dame, so i get the occational call from a pretty lil thang with daddy's money. that doesn't care how much it costs but dad says it's dangerous! free tree = night on the town:msp_thumbup:

Whore! Slut! Yer taking advantange of circumstance!

Great job!:clap:

Its just sucks when they are ugly and you can't get them off ya.

That might be, but I have seen a few '2 baggers' that could !

Rick

LMAO, thats why i keep my 200t in the cab with me! i fight them snaggle tooth rotten crotches off like it's some sort of zombie killing video game that all the kids are playing now a days.:rock:

Your killing me smalls. This guy is too funny. Wish I wasnt workin today so I coulda got to the other thread b4 the lock, but anyway, Dan, where do you come up with this .....? you should be gettin paid to write, not cut. My experience, part time off duty fire and police are the worst tree people ever. Its an ego thing for them, they wanna be badass, but they dont get it. How much of a badass are you when you get someone killed? Stand back and let the real pro's take care of it.

yea i'll try to seal the deal. but i just called him and gave him my estimate and he told me that was to high.he said that is a 300 dollar job for someone with a chainsaw.but i told him that with someone with a chainsaw to cut it for 300 dollars. it might land on his house and they just pack up and leave and never come back. and then it will cost your more money to have it removed from the top of your house.and plus what ever it will cost you to repair your house if you don't get a pro to take it out.so he said he will call me back if he can't find someone else that cheaper then what i quoted it for.

Is he going to clean up the mess? Are you doing this by yourself, or with somebody else?

Tell him to get 3 written quotes by reputable tree companies, and give you a call after that to discuss. Now if he gets some wanna be tree guy - who has no insurance - and no overhead - who knows what price he will get.

If you are climbing, them am only guessing that you have a groundman with you.

If you are cleaning up and chipping.. then you have chipper and fuel costs - as well as possibly transporting the chips and dumping.

Frankly, I would not park truck for $300.00 on that one. I doubt many others would either..

How many hours you figure it is going to take you to bring down safely and clean up.. begin with that.. then figure price. Do not underestimate the clean up.. it will bite you..

that is sad. with HO's like that, i write them off, if they call back, the price just went up. to insult your time and abilities with an amount like that deserves nothing less!! when he hires some crackhead to come out and the guy puts a new unwanted skylight in his house maybe he will understand the saying of "you get what you pay for" is true...
best of luck to ya!

:)

Don't feel bad.

the sad thing is that i waisted my time trying to help the guy out...
that really cut into my beer time.... i feel like a schmuck...

He's in my area so I tried to help him as well. Not that we need a tree guy but if we can get a few hacks to stop underbidding we might get this industry back on course. Don't want to see anyone get hurt either.

He's in my area so I tried to help him as well. Not that we need a tree guy but if we can get a few hacks to stop underbidding we might get this industry back on course. Don't want to see anyone get hurt either.

Good luck in getting rid of hacks.. they seem to be everywhere.

There are also a lot around here, not doing a bad job, but full time employeed with other job and doing tree work on side. Do not mind that if they would bid reasonably - but since they have full time job - no overhead - they lowball. Then those of us with real expenses and overhead have to try and compete.

There are also a lot around here, not doing a bad job, but full time employeed with other job and doing tree work on side. Do not mind that if they would bid reasonably - but since they have full time job - no overhead - they lowball. Then those of us with real expenses and overhead have to try and compete.

Ignore em'. Just a waste of time thinking about it. Worry about you and what your doin. Works out better that way. #1. Keep your eyes on the prize , and the others we despise.....

It was just wishful thinking.

I can dream can't I?:hmm3grin2orange:

don't feel bad about the $300 thing, he could have offered to let you keep all the firewood for free if you take down the tree........lol........

Back