What would you do? Skil 1631/PM340

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswensen

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So, I was given a Skil 1631 (69cc). It's complete, including a muffler, which is a rare part I'm told. 16" bar and Skil plastic chain guard too. Full disclosure - not QUITE complete, it has a jury-rigged foam air filter.

I can get it to run, but not very well. It starves for fuel - probably just needs a carb kit and a new fuel line.

I can a) spend time and money to make it work, b) part it out, or c) give it to someone who has more desire to make it run properly than I do.

I'm not inclined to pick a) because I already have 47 other saws (really) that were past projects and all run just fine now. I just don't need another runner that will sit in my suburban garage with the others.

I'm not inclined to pick b) because to part it out on e-bay is a hassle, and seems a shame to do to a vintage saw that will run again with some love.

I'd love to pick c), but I don't know anyone to give it to who would appreciate it and I really don't want to ship it.

Is there a good d) option?

What would you do?

Latest posts

Back