Whats a fair rate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDAA

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been climbing SRT for a couple of years now and I have no Idea if I am how fast or slow I am. There is no one in my area that climbs to compare to or to compare rates. I cant even think of anyone ever talking about someone in town ever climbing a tree for pruning or removal. If the bucket cant get in it doesn't get done. My knucklehead competitions solution is to just get the twelve foot ladder and the pole saw out and whack away. It makes some pretty nasty looking pruning cuts. I used to just use my bucket but the ability to climb is a game changer. It gets me in with some higher end customers and they just love it. No one can believe that a person can work that way. It is just something that just isn't done around here. My big question is what hourly rate do some of you guys shoot for with a climber, groundie and a chipper? I have been doing 110.00 to 125.00. Am I in the ball park at all? I have had everyone happy with what I charge. My other problem is I have a lot of equipment overhead and not enough time to utilize it. I have so much work to do. I have plenty removal jobs That I can use my bucket, chipper, grinder, skid, and dump trailer. I can bang out these bigger better paying jobs to actually pay my costs and put some money in my pocket. Not to mention I decided to get into underground digging with the purchase of a tractor backhoe. I guess in comparison around here a tractor backhoe is $90 an hour and 125$ an hour with a ground man. What do you guys charge? Thanks!

Back